Majora’s mask will not load

Hyacinthl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The game was working perfectly before but now when I try to load it, it stays stuck on the plain black loading screen after the 3ds logo appears. I’ve tried deleting the game and re-downloading it but the game still doesn’t load.

The game is the correct region for my console and I got it through hshop. I’m unsure why it suddenly stopped working. There’s no error message just a black screen. I also can’t return to the Home Screen unless I power the ds off.

This is the only game this happens to, all the others work fine. I can also download new games and they work too, it’s only majora’s mask. Please help, I got halfway through it too :(

Edit: I checked my sd card and everything comes back okay. All my other games work fine, it's only majora's mask that doesn't load

I tried another sd card and the game wouldn’t load on that one either

Last edited by Hyacinthl,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Usually when people have trouble with Majora's Mask, it's because they need to set up locale emulation in Luma. But if it was working before and it suddenly stopped working and you didn't change anything, then indeed hardware failure is the most likely culprit.

Connect the SD card to your PC, copy everything off the SD card with Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier, format the card, test the empty card with h2testw, and copy everything back if the test is okay. If the test fails, you will need to get a new card.

Reactions: anotherthing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto