Gaming Makai Kingdom Portable

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigsBirds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yea, I just joined and would like to ask if someone is already working on this title.

If someone is then if I could ask of how long this project been going.

If none is working on this could I request it. (sorry still haven't grasp the basics of translating)

Lastly thanks for any answers. :bow:

BigsBirds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yup, but there are additional contents in this version......and a longer story or sub-story line

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that was a bit bold so sorry, but seriously, Gbatemp is not a board to ask for translation... We started to put some of our projects here doesn't mean it's a romhacking community...
You can easily count the serious project here with one hand. There should be a "Romhacking & Translation" for the PSP like the NDS though, it's starting to get mostly about that here...

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
that was a bit bold so sorry, but seriously, Gbatemp is not a board to ask for translation... We started to put some of our projects here doesn't mean it's a romhacking community...
You can easily count the serious project here with one hand. There should be a "Romhacking & Translation" for the PSP like the NDS though, it's starting to get mostly about that here...

i am pretty sure that the mods would be sooooooooooooooo lazy to move every Game translation (request) to the new forum.

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
I have been toying around with this a little and have made some progress with the menus, I also have a copy of the script from the PS2 version of the game which I am willing to attempt to insert.
Please note however that I am relatively nub at this, I have no translation abilities as such and am working from cross-referencing and a smattering of google translate. I haven't had a chance to
properly toy around with the DATA.DAT file yet and NISDecmp doesn't seem to know what to make of it, so I don't yet have access to the PSP script files.

Without that I can't really progress a whole lot further so I make no promises but it's something I would like to do.

screen00000.jpg

screen00002.jpg

screen00001.jpg

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
Your more right than you are wrong StorMyu, I know a little but am certainly inexperienced at working with them. I am unable to locate the text
within the data container files which leads me to believe they are compressed and about that I know precisely stuff all. Here is a link to the header
from that file, but given that the original is 350+ meg that's about all I can provide at a reasonable size.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bcg67uz4wws671q/DATA_HEADER.rar

I have gotten pretty far with the menu's, descriptions etc and things are progressing nicely. I have managed to locate the (I assume) uncompressed
script text in a RAM dump, but an unsure how to work backwards from there at present. Worst case scenario I'll post what I have managed to do at
a later date, and see from there.

screen00003.jpg

screen00004.jpg

screen00005.jpg

screen00006.jpg

screen00007.jpg

screen00008.jpg

Reactions: djalmafreestyler

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
A bit of an update just to let you know what's happening. The difficulty with this and a few
other NIS games I am aware of is that the data files are structured differently. Everything is
lumped into one generic container file. Some of the contents are merely packed and other
parts (in this case namely the MPD files and START.KS4) are compressed as well. The other
games as mentioned previously are Disgaea AOD, Phantom Brave THT & Cladun / X2 all on
PSP. I have managed to extract all of the files within the container, that was fairly trivial,
but the compression is stumping me at the moment. It appears to work in a manner
considerably different to the other NIS schemes that I am aware of. It appears to be some
sort of dictionary based compression but I can't say much more than that currently. Here is
what I know so far.

Code:
32 byte header file at the beginning of DATA.DAT

20 byte Filename
4 byte int32 value (decompressed size if applicable)
4 byte int32 value (compressed size) this is minus
padding in the case of MPD files
4 byte pointer

COMPRESSION HEADER for START.KS4 -

0x0 - 0x7 'YKCMP_V1'
0x8 - Unknown value '04' in this case
0xC - 0xF Compressed File Size
0x10 - 0x13 - Uncompressed file size?
0x14 - Unknown value '0B' in this case

MPD Files are compressed but with a different header preceeding the 'YKCMP_V1'
in this case

0x0 - Unknown value '01" always same
0x4 0x7 - Filled with 'FF', compression flag?
0x8 - Unknown value always '0C'
0xB - end of header

I'll also include a picture of what I have managed to discover about the compression so far.

cf.jpg

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
Here is a link to the current version of the EBOOT.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0j30xlq4f7bwbt0/EBOOT.rar

USAGE
--------
Open the ISO image of the game in UMDGen (In my case I am using v4.00)
Select both the folder and UMD_DATA.BIN, right click over them and choose 'Extract Selected" from the Menu
Choose a folder to extract them to
Go to the directory where you extracted the files and go into PSP_GAME\SYSDIR
Replace the EBOOT.BIN in that directory with the one I have provided
In UMDGen, go to the File Menu and select New Compilation
Right click in the right hand window (Where you selected the folder and UMD_DATA.BIN earlier)
In the menu select Add and then Existing Folder
Navigate to the Directory where you extracted the contents of the ISO and click OK
Now in the File Menu select Save As and then Uncompressed (*.iso)
Give it a name and click Save and you are done!

Please note that this is a preliminary patch, none of the script text has been translated, this only covers menus and descriptions,
I am unable to give an estimate of how much has been completed. Also note that the method listed above is how the process
must be carried out. You cannot simply replace the EBOOT.BIN in the existing image, it must be extracted and rebuilt.

Reactions: zeromancer91

heatblade12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not going to lie. I Love the progress!
i see that Zetta's menu choices still needs the translate.
if i knew how i would love to help you translate the files.

and personally i dont care for the story i know it by heart from the past via the ps2 version.

what i really would enjoy is to be able to play it with minimal interference via the menus, items, armors, weapons, attacks, ect

keep up the good work mate, and i would love to see more!

Star-scream

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello just wanted to stay keep up the good work really looking forward to play this never got to play this back then... and if you need any help I can try and help

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some day once I was done with La Pucelle Ragnarok, I was thinking of tackling this game next. I have spent too much times developing tools for La Pucelle. Maybe some of them might help for Makai Kingdom Portable since it is a NIS game?

Check them out and let me know.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/psp-la-pucelle-ragnarok-translation.320662/

-ChepChep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kinda feeling like that remix of the perfect cell theme