Hacking Making a Clean Switch NAND after hacking?

Cacx101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I'm kind of dumb. For some reasons that I won't say, I wasn't able to make a NAND backup, but ran homebrew anyways thinking it wouldn't do anything. I was so wrong. I looked on these forums for something to help me, and saw some posts talking about rebuilding a NAND to be clean after not making a NAND backup, saying to look online for it. However, I can't find anything on this. Help?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I'm kind of dumb. For some reasons that I won't say, I wasn't able to make a NAND backup, but ran homebrew anyways thinking it wouldn't do anything. I was so wrong. I looked on these forums for something to help me, and saw some posts talking about rebuilding a NAND to be clean after not making a NAND backup, saying to look online for it. However, I can't find anything on this. Help?

You are not dumb. You are just confused. If you run CFW with backup games already then you will not have a NAND clean at all. You will be banned online no matter what. If you want a clean NAND. Backup it first before hacking it.

Reactions: ScarletDreamz

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Have you ever sent any reports to ninty (have you been online with error logs and such)? If no, you can try this. But it's "hard" and time consuming and you shouldn't do it if you're not experienced. So make a NAND backup at least now.
If you ran homebrew only, it might still be safe. But it's not on me if you get banned.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: PHiLiPZ

Cacx101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you ever sent any reports to ninty (have you been online with error logs and such)? If no, you can try this. But it's "hard" and time consuming and you shouldn't do it if you're not experienced. So make a NAND backup at least now.
If you ran homebrew only, it might still be safe. But it's not on me if you get banned.
I may have gone online to download a game (official, not pirated) after doing what essentially is just a factory reset. So this probably doesn't work for me. Thanks for telling me though!

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I may have gone online to download a game (official, not pirated) after doing what essentially is just a factory reset. So this probably doesn't work for me. Thanks for telling me though!
It can still work for you but I don't advise it in the first place. If you haven't sent any error logs, it might be still possible.

Cacx101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can still work for you but I don't advise it in the first place. If you haven't sent any error logs, it might be still possible.
So if this works, I SHOULD have a clean NAND, but would still run the risk of the servers detecting a change in the error logs (as in they don't exist), and flag me for a ban, right?
Also, going off of some posts I've seen, could I potentially avoid a ban if I wait a really long while, then follow the steps? From what I've seen, Nintendo could just see it (the disappearance of the error logs) as a system error and shrug it off. Asking just in case.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
So if this works, I SHOULD have a clean NAND, but would still run the risk of the servers detecting a change in the error logs (as in they don't exist), and flag me for a ban, right?
Also, going off of some posts I've seen, could I potentially avoid a ban if I wait a really long while, then follow the steps? From what I've seen, Nintendo could just see it (the disappearance of the error logs) as a system error and shrug it off. Asking just in case.
If you've sent some, yes. Otherwise, it should be safe.
I have no idea about ninty forgeting :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...