WiiFanAix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everybody,

Just been watching some topics on cheat codes, and for a newbie like me, it all looks awfully complicated : first launching a homebrew (that part is easy), then using a PC app to connect to the console via its IP, then enter some weird hexadecimal strings (that of course you need to find online every time) to modify the console's RAM and access the wanted cheats. It works, but it's complicated.

I've seen several sites publishing such codes, so that people can re-use them. It's a great work from the community, but still, applying the codes remains a complicated task.

Just wondering here : would it (at least theoretically) be possible to make things simpler for the average user ?

Maybe by creating an app that would have access to a cheat database (either locally or online) and that would display all the cheats in an easy understandable way. Example :
1. Select game from a list (e.g. "Mario Kart 8")
2. Select cheat (e.g. "Boomerang size") from a dynamically-generated list for the selected game
3. Selectone of the available options (e.g. "Small", "Medium", "Big", etc.) for the selected cheat
4. Profit :P

Of course it's easier said than done, but I guess that's all it would take, right ? No more need for copy/pasting hex codes, it all would be done in the background. But can that be achieved someday by a courageous dev that we would all thank and admire, or am I just dreaming here ? :blush:

I'm wondering this, because right now applying cheat codes (with JGecko U / TCPGecko / whatever) looks just tedious enough to take away most of the fun, so I'm not sure I would do it, and even if I did, I would do it very rarely, which ultimately is a pity.

Again, just wondering. Any thoughts ? (and please don't shoot the messenger, thank you ;))

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[accidently shoots the messenger] [accidently]

I had to relook at what console you were referring to. A Wii I think.

Which sadly I don't know anything about. Hopefully you will find the appropriate help.

I had to learn where to put my cheats for the PSP. Good Luck.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I remember there is a way to put a text file containing the cheats on the wiiu sd card, and get the cheat loader to use that.
I used that method for Pikmin 3 to play without a worrying about the time limit of the day.
All the information was on this site, so keep on looking! But I forget the details myself sorry :)

WiiFanAix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks :) I guess it all proves that things could be easier here.
I mean, how can it be that jailbreaking a Wii U with Tiramisu is actually much easier than applying cheat codes? :D

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I here ya there, I have too many myself, and have hard time letting them go, since most of mine I've modded at some point. Anymore I just play Switch on the go, seriesx at home.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ack my throat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I need to invest in some storage totes tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tots?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tootles
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tootles? Wtf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh tootles
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh totes , lol, like Tupperware storage, I gotcha
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm designing my own entertainment cabinet for my man cave, to store all my systems, then I'm also designing a power supply/HDMI switcher so I can switch to whichever system I want, and power it also. Already picked up the cabinet board, but tinkering with my drawings before start
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But yea, I have frogger arcade cabinet that I gutted and put a Pi4 then Pi5 into, but it never gets played much anymore, should sell it. Even when the kids come over, they don't want to play on it, just the xbox. TMNT and Simpson's arcade is still so fun on it, esp w 2 players.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gonna check out the new Garfield looks like garbage
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Can't wait to see the new "stick" that can actually play Ps3 or 360 games. I know they are getting close.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty didn't you see the new garfield?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah it's all animated I was hoping for some live action
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, yes i did
  • T @ TheSusKing:
    does anyone know if you can run android apps on a usb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean use a external usb thumb drive as storage? Yeah it depends on the phone
  • T @ TheSusKing:
    no, i mean if i could store the app on the usb so it doesnt take up my storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why do you ask?
  • T @ Texasauras:
    wtfff why are y'al shitting on me and super negative
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, dont worry im stupid too (or atleast dumb)
  • T @ Texasauras:
    lol im not selling it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: :shit: