Manga/Anime

nasune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just idle curiosity I guess. I myself have spent about 1400 euros on my collection, so I think I'm at the lower end of the scale.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I should have spent ~€100-200...but I've gotten a lot of mine from sale, so it all cost less than the actual value
nyanya.gif

This is what I've got so far
biggrin.gif

http://shlong543.tumblr.com/post/320332333...lection-started

I'll count up the value of what they'd've cost on their own later
tongue.gif

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
$0.00
Because lol @ anyone who buys anime and manga. The prices are outrageous and most of the time the DVD subs blow. Also, I'm not really interested in waiting 1-2 years to watch a new show.
But that's not to say I haven't watched/read quite a bit, in fact I'd challenge anyone to say they've seen more than I have
biggrin.gif

You can check my MAL in my sig
biggrin.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Too much on manga.

I would say more than 3000 €
I didn't count one by one, some of them are 7€ other are 15€, I round the price in between.
I don't read scantrad, I don't like reading book on a computer screen, I like the paper feeling.

Almost nothing on anime, I got disappointed on the first one I bought because of the subtitles (Official are so baddly done compared to fansub).

ShadowNeko003

~Nyah~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A decent amount of US dollars, around $700 over the course of ~8 years. I only buy what I want, some of it I got as gifts, and I hardly buy anything that I don't have coupon or is on sale. Best place to buy anime/manga is at the cons, especially on the last day since they're trying to clear out their inventories.

But nowadays, I'm not really buying much (unless it's Rockman related XD )

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Very little. I don't pointlessly spend my money on things that don't truly deserve it.

I've bought the Clannad complete collection, and preordered the After Story complete collection. My only anime purchases.

i'd never buy manga, since I hate it.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very little. Other than my VHS tapes of Pokemon and Dragon Ball/Z, I either download my anime/watch it on the internet. As for manga, I get them from my local library.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
$2100 on anime

I prefer to read manga online however I do own all volumes of Sister Princess, K-ON, and I have 6 vols of Baby Princess (the successor to Sister Princess) coming. No estimate, I lost track.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
$0.00

Fact of the matter is- included DVD subs are terrible, many times with grammatical errors.
Fansubs are very well done.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
All I ever purchased was Baccano! Complete collection, Eva 1.11 Blu-ray, 3 death note mangas. 70 bucks.

Will be buying TTGL complete collection, both GL movies, and a few other shows down the line though. Gotta get more of those Blu-ray stuff.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country

I don't read manga. The most manga I read is some that my friend keeps trying to lend me, and occasionally, it's available in the library, but even that I don't read much.

I don't really watch that many rare anime's, just more popular ones most of the time. So I just turn to dubbed ones. I don't need Jap w/ subs to watch Detective Conan and Jigoku Shoujo (which is the are the two animes I tend to follow, even though the second is already done and I just watch reruns which show very often). If there IS an anime that I like which I can't see on TV (KissXSis, Shadow Star, Black Jack, Rec), I turn to, of course, the internet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A