Gaming Manhunt 2 NTSC on PAL Wii

thebugsdontbothe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It gives me, just like the ntsc versions it victorious boxers revolution, naruto clash of ninja revolution, crash of the titans, rockstar games table tennis, a black screen right after i click to play the game...

Where victorious boxers even gives me a blue screen that says: "VIConfigure(): Tried to change mode from (0) to (1), which is forbidden. in "vi.c", on line 2544. blablabla"...

I have a modded PAL Wii, is it possible to fix these issues or do these errors occur cause of my WiiKey?
:'(

thebugsdontbothe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The flag was a mistake im in .nl
smile.gif

Is there any chance these NTSC games will ever work on a modded PAL Wii, eg w/ the update that wiikey is working on?

Or will i just have to get my hands on a PAL copy of the games?

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
So does Manhunt 2 work on PAL consoles or not? I read in the release thread that someone tried it and it does?

Will update the wiki myself once I know for sure!

thebugsdontbothe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I confirm that Manhunt 2 NTSC works on a PAL Wii when you set the language of your Wii to English

Very strange, but true

Anybody knows why this is?

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I confirm that Manhunt 2 NTSC works on a PAL Wii when you set the language of your Wii to English

Very strange, but true

because it´s the us version and your language (dutch) is not supported.
i think only french (for canada) and spanish (for mexico) are included in most ntsc games.

thebugsdontbothe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game itself disappoints me big time btw, just played 30min and it seems the kills r really edited out, just some black/white blury/shocky scene when u go for the kill

what a shame

gotissues

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Same trick goes for tony hawk proving grounds.

And the psp version of manhunt 2 has already been hacked(3 days after release), allowing you to remove the censoring of the gore.
Cant wait till the wii version gets hacked too so i can play the original, non edited, with gore version of manhunt 2

Oh, and with a wiikey settings for regiofree turned on theres no need to brickblock, since wiikey already fixes those issues itself.

Barquest100

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
uk.youtube.com
XP
Country
thebugsdontbotherme3 said:

Very strange, but true

i have set my pal wii's language to english but manhunt 2 still will not work... is tere something im doing wrong? is ther anything else i can do about it?

BigX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
There are some descriptions on the net to "hack" the Wii version too. You'll have to trucha sign the image afterwards.
There are even files for german text in the game available...those files are on the game disc. Maybe there is just some "hack" on the release version to prevent german version to be booted.
Anyway, I renamed my german files to the french file names and vice versa. So if I run the game with my wii set to french, I run the game in german. Plus the blurring edited out.
But I am sorry to inform you, this does not improve the game. It's stupid. You'll have to sneak and kill a lot.
If you are in for this kind of game, go and play splinter cell.
If you are in for brutal ways to kill virtual enemys...well go and get a decent game. I for my part could not enjoy the "violence" in the game. It's not cool nor entertaining...maybe watch a horror film, would definetely get you more thrill...
(or watch "dark knight" in cinema...I just did yesterday...man what a great movie)

spastro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This game ROCKS!!!!!! .

I was a big fan of the first one, and i heard alot of crap about the second installment, I however went ahead and got the game then patched my version to remove the filters on the kills.
BEST GAME EVER. Its Gory, Twisted and Shocking. Great sequal to an already great game. Storyline is as expected from the first. KILL KILL KILL To Survive.

I recomend it . I played it on PAL with no issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol