Hacking Mario and Luigi RPG 3 (Japan) Protection Check Bypass!

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
Boo_Mansion said:
Which one? There were 3.
I got it off a post on page 31 - this one I believe:
bastlwastl said:
QUOTE(shisno @ Feb 11 2009, 06:05 PM) New patch. Hopefully all carts work.
it works perfectly on my fireline!
thank you! you rock!

yaynds.gif
Just to clarify, I am running firmware v4.2c. The anti-piracy-check cheat IS NOT enabled. The rom was completely clean when I used it, I tried it with a rom patched with the cheat code, it hung on the 2nd check.

Gnargle

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendude92 said:
Gunna try that patch now then
ohmy.gif

Edit: I've never dealt with an ips file before though.. gunna figure it out then
You need LIPS:http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=3988
and a clean rom
(mine was from Romulation, but shhhh!)

Boo_Mansion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the ml3-allcartspatch.ips patch and patched it to my SD card as "Safe Mode, Force R/W". When I go it play it, it still goes black after creating/loading a file...

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Boo_Mansion said:
I tried the ml3-allcartspatch.ips patch and patched it to my SD card as "Safe Mode, Force R/W". When I go it play it, it still goes black after creating/loading a file...
The name allcartspatch is slightly misleading, because it certainly does not work for all flash carts.

Gnargle

Trophies
XP
Country
Boo_Mansion said:
Dunno then, I'm afraid. It just works on standard mode on mine.
Back to my original Q, however. CAN ANYONE HELP!!!!???

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was the patched rom supposed to change at all? It just told me the rom was patched successfully and I just tried, didn't work. Thanks anyway though. x_x

Boo_Mansion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gnargle said:
Boo_Mansion said:
Dunno then, I'm afraid. It just works on standard mode on mine.
Back to my original Q, however. CAN ANYONE HELP!!!!???
I have a save right after that, that I got from using an emulator.

Did you ever have the black screen error? Also, are you sure that's the one you used?

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
As far as i know...
the shinos patch would not work for m3 real + itouch DS... correct me if i am wrong
frown.gif

from my side i can't even download the patch.. and even if i could is broken patch

by the way EDGE users!! GOOD NEWS!! EDGE user who missed it !!! try this patch
well other flash cart such as r4+yasumenu could try because it works on r4+yasumenu (provided you installed yasumenu properly)
some m3real users had try but i don't think it works! nevertheless you guys/girls can try too
smile.gif

mario&luigi rpg 3 patch

confirmed by mrfatso is working on EDGE! mrfatso got the hammer and special attack block!!!!!!!!!

Shadow_Link_92

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Awesome. Using an M3 Simply with YSMenu correctly installed and the bypass cheat on, but the game still freezes at the first battle. Trying the patch now, thanks for all of this work, Narin.

Edit: Hah, either this patch works or I actually had YSMenu installed wrong.
shy.gif

Boo_Mansion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both patches still give me the same error. A black screen after choosing a file... *sigh*

I'm using M3 Perfect with Game Manager 36a and firmware 35.

micky93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,

Elixir, your my hero! lol. Its finally working on my EDGE! YAAY!! Id give you a cookie but i dont have any left.. sorry, lol

Thanks again,
Micky

shoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yasumenu and the code's been working wonderfully so far, but every now and then I get to an area where the game freezes. It's happened on my DS lite too. (Works better on my fat, but I can't figure out why.)

Specifically in the area with the question blocks that are too high to get in a Fat-Bowser area. (there's more, I just don't remember them)

Am I the only one?

Pache

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Dam, my portatil PC don't recognize my USB when I connect it... I think I'm f**cked, I will need buy another... I tried just the two files and they didn't work, but I was close to test with YSMenu and my USB screwed up... I don't know if is a problem of my PC... Dam...

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slot 2 guys, try enabling the 'dma' option when patching... along with any cheat/patch fixes

I say this because the SCDS1+DSTT needs it turned on to avoid the 'black screen' syndrome when a save is selected.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...