Mario Golf coming to Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack on April 15

FPs_BpgWQAMZuH7.jpg

Nintendo has announced the next Nintendo 64 game coming to the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack, the classic Mario Golf from 1999. This will be the 14th N64 game released on the NSO service, joining recent additions like Banjo-Kazooie, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, and F-Zero X. Other titles expected to hit the service include Kirby 64 and Pokemon Snap, although no release windows have been given for these.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a classic finally i grew up on getting all those birdie badge's is a bitch.

Last edited by DJPlace,

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that gave me the idea to get the xbox version for the series x. it was less than $10, and it's installing right now. :P

Imo it's not even worth that much with the super heavy censorship. It's THE thing that makes the game what it is. Apart from that I don't care for a good number of stylistic choices made to the graphics either. Hope you have a fun time with it though. :)

Reactions: godreborn

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...There is nothing more annoying than playing official digital copies of this game that will forever have 4 empty slots for characters that can't be imported no matter what you do.
If you can't think of anything more annoying than that, you have indeed lived a charmed life.
Congrats!

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can't think of anything more annoying than that, you have indeed lived a charmed life.
Congrats!
Aw, look at the edgelord. You're cute.

Anyway, after making that post, it occurred to me that Nintendo might actually do what I proposed down the line with one of those special versions of their available games in these services like the NES and SNES have already seen with things already unlocked and available to use in the game. Perhaps N64 titles will see the same in time, and Mario Golf here would be a fantastic game to release one of since there is no way without a GB transfer pack to actually "unlock" this content in game without a gameshark or the like.

Reactions: Tsukiru

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd have to say posting "There is nothing more annoying than...", followed by calling someone else an edge lord, is incredibly edge lord-y of you. I believe your pants are on backwards. :wink:
It's like some of you haven't heard a simple turn-of-phrase before. There is nothing more annoying than online fools that take every word and known turn-of-phrase super literal. And if that wasn't obvious, I don't literally mean there is nothing more annoying than that. Can't believe I have to spell that out to some of you, but I suppose they let anyone use the internet these days lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Stone_Wings

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Stone_Wings

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aw, look at the edgelord. You're cute.

Anyway, after making that post, it occurred to me that Nintendo might actually do what I proposed down the line with one of those special versions of their available games in these services like the NES and SNES have already seen with things already unlocked and available to use in the game. Perhaps N64 titles will see the same in time, and Mario Golf here would be a fantastic game to release one of since there is no way without a GB transfer pack to actually "unlock" this content in game without a gameshark or the like.
I'm reminded of how Mario 3 Advance had all its eReader levels unlocked for its Virtual Console release as well.

Reactions: Aristeia

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm reminded of how Mario 3 Advance had all its eReader levels unlocked for its Virtual Console release as well.
Great point. There definitely could be hope here. And Mario Tennis (64) on the Wii had all the GBC characters unlocked as well, though the Mario Golf (64) VC title on the system did not, and I think that's because the Mario Golf characters' stats were actually tied to your character on your GBC cart and would disappear on any reset, while the Mario Tennis characters that you transferred to the game permanently stayed and I don't believe were tied to their stats in the GBC game.

But I'm sure that just a little extra programming, could keep the characters there permanently, and give them universal base stats for us all to enjoy.

Reactions: Tsukiru

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well mario golf 64 is more wacky and mario-y

I certainly understand that aspect of things and wished they had incorporated more Mario-ness to the courses, but I certainly don't dislike Super Rush at all. Toadstool Tour was pretty fun too with much more Mario-ness.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
So generous of Nintendo to offer one "free" Nintendo 64 game. Well, at least it's a good one, thankfully.

You forgetting The Witcher, GTA, DOOM, Sniper Elite, Bulletstorm, Borderlands, etc?? I get Conker is an N64 game, but still.

Nintendo needs to stop acting like we need parenting and just make a console with a balanced library games of all kinds.

Anyway, I personally prefer the Xbox remake of Conker even though there's some censorship according to hardcore fans.
You don't need hardcore fans to tell you there's censorship. You can see for yourself with videos.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone genuinely trying to debate whether the censorship of Conker exists in the remake? It's not even debatable, it's objectively true and easy to see.

Honestly, I'll never understand it, it went uncensored on the very strict Nintendo 64 at the time, who had very very few M rated games up until that point on any of their systems, while Microsoft has always typically had a do-as-you-please attitude for their devs. Makes me wonder if the censorship was self-imposed by Rare or if Microsoft in their early Xbox days thought that Rare games had to maintain Teen-ratings at the highest and forced the censorship themselves.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone genuinely trying to debate whether the censorship of Conker exists in the remake? It's not even debatable, it's objectively true and easy to see.

Honestly, I'll never understand it, it went uncensored on the very strict Nintendo 64 at the time, who had very very few M rated games up until that point on any of their systems, while Microsoft has always typically had a do-as-you-please attitude for their devs. Makes me wonder if the censorship was self-imposed by Rare or if Microsoft in their early Xbox days thought that Rare games had to maintain Teen-ratings at the highest and forced the censorship themselves.

https://conker.fandom.com/wiki/Conker:_Live_&_Reloaded#Censorship

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Mario Golf, the game almost no Nintendo 64 owner has in their to own list. Even when talking about Nintendo sport games, The Nes and the portable games are more likely to get mentioned that this one. Not saying that I think the game is bad just that... is just forgetable? At least some of the tennis games get mentioned for being really bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...