Gaming Mario kart Game (Grand Wii) Event

m0dm0use

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I just got back in the last 5 minutes so all this information has been quickly typed so ignore mistakes!

Mario Kart Wii Disc is white with A few blue charectors printed on the disc.
No extra Mario kart channel installed.
This was the full version of the game used.

Weapons I used were turtle shell, banana skin & speed boost.

I came 3rd out of the 4 people.
overall inc AI 6th.

Weapons seen used Oil/ ink covered the screen in splashes.

Mario kart pre game menu was usual Mario, Luigi logo with lots of grey Wii wheels going accross screen.

lots of variations of vechicals for each charector probably at least three for each charector available.

Split screen graphics were very poor (jaggied edges)

Wheel sensitivity is great, feels and works brilliant.

Wii wheel didn't seem to add much weight to the controller, also has whole for IR.

Friend from college Number one on leader boards for Oxford Street store at 2:40pm
Time placed was 1:42:66 - Chareles Nelson (finnished 2nd AI came 1st)

Now before anyone asks the game copy was looked after by Nintendo Reps who may also work for Game, so there probably wont be a leak from the Game stores copys.

m0dm0use

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yea and the fact it was 4 players on one screen that was probably no bigger than 27", also we were force to play close to the screen as well, oh well Nintendo staff were they it was there choice.

Jibib

Trophies
Website
www.nitroclan.freeforums.org
XP
Country
I won the manchester event with a time of 1:31:26
yaynds.gif

pics on here: http://nitroclan.freeforums.org/you-wont-b...-this-t715.html

poke50uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
went to merry hill
the disk DOES contain a firmware update - I asked
I came third with 1.42.43ish
bloke who have 1st and his mate in 2nd were uber lucky with their weponary and didnt get blue shelled by the com's
they continued to get 1.50's after their runs - all timed with a stop watch :wtf: one guy got 1.38 but cause the mod guy thourght it was a mistake he discounted it!
I continued to get blue shelled or red shelled before the finish line in every attemp i had but was still getting 1.42...
also found out that automatic means you get hit by alot less shells off the com's
why coms were switched on in the first place i dunno... made any sort of decent time ridicuasly hard to get
and all only were allowed wii wheels.. even though we brought along our gamecube pads ¬_¬
overall the event was a dissapointment.. not cause of me losing... but cause of the way that a stop watch had to be used and 12 players in total (8 or more com's) were on.. made no amount of skill work.. just pure luck!

m0dm0use

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm guessing you went to Merry Hill? and not the Oxford street seems like to get the best times in the UK go out of London (since in London the only practice was cheating by going to another store and waiting another hour in the que)

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
I was there yesterday at Oxford Street and contemplated queuing up for a game, but the line was so huge and 'snaked' outside of game!

I did get to see the screen, and I like what I saw! I can't wait til its out next week
biggrin.gif

m0dm0use

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
what time was that? there was a huge backlog after 2pm since the guys running it went for lunch so if it was after 3pm then thats why, did you look at the leader boards?

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
It was just before that, I think the queue was just starting to form outside. I peeked in with the wifey and took a look at the game and leader board, then left soon after since we already had other plans! The game seemed pretty fluid! Did anyone get to try out battlemode while you were there?

Drejjmit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i wonder if MKWII are single or dual-layer.. hope we get an answer soon, if dual i have to order some and hope to get them untill release =)

Tragedies

Trophies
XP
Country
I highly doubt it will be Dual Layer. It seems like a fun game, but there isn't enough data to have to make a Dual Layer disc.

m0dm0use

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yesterday was as good as any ( many weeks in a row {XBOX 360} have had leaks on Saturdays {sometimes Sunday} ) But I have heard game have sent some out already so tomorrow is looking promising.

The latest we will see any release is Thursday.

A

armand66

Yeah, i'm in Australia myself, and we dont see the game released here till late april, so will be looking to get the PAL Uk release (which is the aussie release anyways lol) as soon as it finds its way online.

I'd put a bet on it being here before launch day though, as mentioned above there is people confirming GAME having sent orders already (which means they must have been dispatched friday), so Monday/tuesday may be the day it hits online.

That is, if there isn't some kind of new issue, but, i doubt it, i also agree with an above poster, it'll be single layer. SSBB second layer is pretty much all video/music, Mario Kart wont have that issue at all.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
m0dm0use said:
Yesterday was as good as any ( many weeks in a row {XBOX 360} have had leaks on Saturdays {sometimes Sunday} ) But I have heard game have sent some out already so tomorrow is looking promising.

The latest we will see any release is Thursday.

The reason yesterday was unlikely to have been a leak day for MKW was the fact that every copy would have been watched like a hawk, because of the event.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I found it funny cause many many years ago, had a roommate in college that did this same dumbass...