Thor1981

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nextgencorp.es
XP
Country
robal12345 said:
Here's a present for those not wanting to battle the patch server. It contains all 10 of the current custom tracks as per this YouTube video:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MV87NVWX

Just replace the files of the same name in WiiScrubber with the ones in this ZIP. You can find them under the DATA partition, in Race ---> Course. This link may get outdated pretty rapidly, so check the link in the description of the video for the most recent one.

Also, enjoy my new custom track:

It´s a very good work. I´m interested in creatin custom tracks, but i´m haven´t knowledges to do.

metroid4life14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... for those of you who have already played the courses:

1. How do they compare to the actual courses by Ninty?
2. Should I download now or wait until all 32 tracks are released?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
theyre all Super Mario Kart(SNES) style flat tracks, no hight or depth to them, unless theyve been updated since the last time i seen them

robal12345

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
did you quantum leap into it too?

They are all 3d. And even the one that do have different heights and ramps and such, they still are extremely horrible looking and very basic.

My response: Think you can do it better, do it yourself.

I love people who criticise others' work when they can't do any better. I guess you don't understand the meaning of the words "early phases". Obviously all of this is not fully developed yet, don't you think there'll be better tracks out with more advanced features when it's done? I mean, currently we have to use grayscale bitmap images to build our tracks, there aren't any proper model importers or anything! Sheesh.

robal12345

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
My response: Do you have windows installed on your computer? Did you ever have issues and get pissed about? We all have.

In case u did get my even more previous approach, i said it was my honest opinion.

Oh sure, I get pissed at Windows. But then I look at how huge the whole thing is, and how intricate it all is, and I can get over the shortcomings. Like this, lots of work went into Windows, and coders are seriously underappreciated. I can say that without even being one myself, I've watched my brother work his ass off on this project, only to be shot down at random by people who don't seem to appreciate his effort.

And yes, I agree, they look basic. But my point is that it's not always gonna be that way, and don't you think this is an amazing feat in itself to be able to alter the game even slightly like this? I say instead of pointing out the flaws, you look at what's good about it. And I bet you'd really be surprised how fun it is to race on some of even the most simple tracks with some friends.

robal12345

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
I will say this. Yes I think it's neat that they have even been able to edit any tracks because they take so muc effort to figure anything out that I'm surprised that this has happened at all.

But no, I have not had the slightest bit of fun playing them at all.

Well, that's unfortunate, I think, everyone who participates in the online races that me/some friends organise usually have a blast. Nevertheless, we'll keep trying to make them better, so hopefully one day something will come along that you like. (Maybe it's just us Mario Kart nerds enjoying a new challenge, I wouldn't put it past us, heh.)

robal12345

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
Dude, I respect what you are trying to do. I'm sure it's not easy, hence why I though no one would ever accomplish it. but if you can get this far and if a good smart team of people word hard together then anything can be possible.

I really wish that MKW had DLC, that would be the best. Now we wont see a new MK until WiiHD or whatever the fuck it is gonna be.

Still, I hope we can one day show you something amazingly good.

It would've been great to have DLC in the game, proper stuff, not just the bi-monthly tournaments (which amounts to the whole amount of... 20KB per tournament or so). I wonder if Nintendo will surprise us by releasing another Mario Kart for Wii... I mean, I don't think too many people saw Super Mario Galaxy 2 coming, so...

Ugothacked

OP
Trophies
Website
UgotHacked.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
terminal_illness said:
that would be awesome... with wii speak.!

also i cant wait for this to be finished... is there going to be a whole new menu? with screenshots and proper names and such? also. new karts carts maybe? or more modes.
If we take our time then yes. I do not know if you know, but i released an ISO that didn't even look like Mkwii, new menus, music, textures ect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?