Gaming Mario Party 9! - Discussion Thread!

fishykipper

pkmn breeder
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Where the hell is mario party 9 nintendo?
Why must we wait so......!

anyone else looking forward to mario party 9? anyone know anything about it?
who loves mario party? whats your favourite mini game?

Taik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I do not agree, the GC ones were WAYYY better than the N64 ones, take the nostalgia goggles off.

My fav one is MP 6

Dunno about my fav minigame

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Let's see...Microphone control was just a gimmick, the mini-games started sucking, as well as the boards that were on the games, and it just got less creative. 2 is my favorite, but I also like 1. I didn't like any of the GCN ones, I liked the DS version a little bit, and the 8 was just horrible.

Then again, that's my opinion, just like it was Prowler's opinion that they sucked after the N64 games.

By the way, the game hasn't even been announced. I don't know why you made a discussion thread for a game that doesn't even exist.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Wait. You're asking for yet another Mario Party? Don't they release those things like every other year? It's not like they don't have any replay value either, it's more about playing with friends than beating a game.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fishykipper said:
lies!!! they're all amazing!

Nope. Mario Party 2 was easily the best. The first and third were good too.

All the others sucked.

Mario Party 8 was okay only because of the Wii Remote. Besides that, it was the worst Mario Party.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
MP8 was a big steaming pile of fail. MPDS however was good.
They've made more than enough Mario Party games though, there's a limit to how many (good) minigames they can come up with. I'd be interested in MP9 if it had DLC, and maybe let you "import" the minigames/stages from the GC games
smile.gif

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
gameboy13 said:
Two words: ONLINE PLAY.
That too. But servers more like Mario Kart Wii and less like Super Smash Bros Brawl. Nintendo obviously prioritized Mario Kart Wii there, but even though most of Mario Party would work well on shitty servers, a lot of the minigames wouldn't. As long as they have decent servers for it, online play is a great idea, otherwise it would just be a waste of time and money.

Exaltys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think online for Mario Party would ruin Mario Party. Like sorrycostello said, lag would make it horrible. Also, Mario Party, Mario Kart, and Super Smash Bros. are at their funnest when you are playing with friends in person.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exaltys said:
I think online for Mario Party would ruin Mario Party. Like sorrycostello said, lag would make it horrible. Also, Mario Party, Mario Kart, and Super Smash Bros. are at their funnest when you are playing with friends in person.

There exists algorithms to hide lag (even if it is there, the system buffers it out with really clever mechanisms).

What I would like to see for a Mario Party is:

Tons of modifications to purchase in shop (I feel compelled to complete games 100%)
Tons of mini-games to purchase in shops (must play first to unlock)
Tons of mini-games (That are fun)
Minimal amounts of items in the game (some of them were junk)
Minimal amounts of waiting time between turns (I hate seeing player X's turn pop up)
Epic difficulty levels to unlock better features
A level system (similar to mario kart with remakes of the older boards)
An actual fair system to earn coins without abusing some functions
Customizable levels (similar to brawl)
Option to allow everyone move at the same time (reduces time)
Criteria for winning options (best player after X turns, most coins, most starts, first person to X...)
Unlocking character system similar to Mario Kart some of which even require previous saves from random games
Mini-games that feature previous nintendo games (SNES mario kart anyone?)

An online system with rankings (similar to mario kart)
An online system that features excellent algorithms to reduce lag
An online system that allows unlockables for offline and vice versa
Ability to allow more than 4 player rounds (must be combined with allow everyone to roll at the same time)

I could go on forever, those kinds of things.

Exaltys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think rolling at the same time would take the fun out of everyone watching someone roll and landing on that bad space or suddenly get a free star from a hidden block.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They would have to implement a system where everyone rolls at the same time however it shows individually each character going across the map in the order the players were selected. I can see how if all characters were to move at the same time, that would definitely cause problems especially when things like stars are considered.

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It isn't going to happen. Nintendo has Wii Party coming and that effectively replaces Mario Party.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The best are the N64 ones.
But you'd be stupid to actually dislike the ones for GC/Wii. They played fine, and had nothing wrong with them. That only felt less inspired because it's hard to keep making new truly unique games, especially considering how many are in each game.
If they switched the minigames around, so MP8 games were in MP1, and vice versa...you'd still say MP9 had uninspired games.

Also, mic games were always a stupid gimmick, which is why you could turn them off.

I'd rather see a Mario Party 2 DS, as opposed to a new console game.

EDIT: Forgot to add, I hope Wii Party fails. One of the main reasons Mario Party was so fun is the theme. Mii's suck, I wanna play as Dry bones or Yoshi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1