Massive Halloween Steam Sale

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
capsule_lg.png

Halloween is almost here, and we know a lot of you are pretty scared. Normally, our advice would be to try to keep it together and just ride this thing out. But this year, we have a better idea: let Steam be your safe harbor from the terror that will probably be haunting your, say, house, for instance.

With that in mind, from now through October 31st, we're offering discounts on a bunch of great games. Oh, these discounts will be shocking. Though they won't be scary in any meaningful way. Let these insane - but deliberately, rationally insane - deals be the one good, pure thing you cling to throughout the dark days ahead. Not sold? What if we told you that for every game you buy, we promise to try to kill a monster. Like maybe a skeleton. In fact, that's our Steam Halloween pledge to you: Sensible savings and we are going to murder a skeleton.

source: http://store.steampowered.com/news/6618/

Games are pretty big. I'm getting L4D2 and Borderlands.

(i forgot source lol)

(weird the "p""/p" thing doesnt work)

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
And now to receive all the recommendations.. Let's keep it simple, what would you recommend from the set?

Personal favorites (although PS3 played):

Borderlands (If nothing else, BUY THIS!)
Dead Space 1&2
Devil May Cry (whatever you can manage)
Bioshock 1&2 (Creepy fun for about 10 hours (more if you're wishing for all trophys)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R (just for the sake of a long RPG. I didn't bother to finish this because of lack of time, but I know this will keep people with interest in SciFi/Nuclear fallout busy)

-Qtis

ps. Buy some of the games in sale. I would if I didn't have the ones I was interested for the PS3/PC already bought

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm always excited for Steam sales, especially ones featuring a bunch of creepy games, but sadly I'm not seeing anything for sale that interests me (that I don't already own on Steam). There doesn't seem to be any mention that there will be, but are there daily rotating deals? As in a small set of games that will be even further discounted for ~24 hours? THOSE might get me motivated to spill some cash, but as is, my willpower remains strong.

CyborGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
So... appealing... want... Left 4 Dead and Killing Floor so badly...

I do highly recommend Killing Floor if anyone likes zombie survival games. Sort of like the CoD zombie games but with 6 player co-op, character roles (healer, etc), and much more elaborate maps.

All these sales man, Steam gaming is evil. I thought my list would only consist of TF2 and Alien Swarm. Far from it now. T_T

Potticus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Goddamn.... I want Bioshock 1+2 for that price.
Great quality games. And I've still got to find the funds for Skyrim and eventually Battlefield 3.

/walletsuicide

D

Deleted User

I went ahead and bought Amnesia: The Dark Descent ($5.00) & the Left 4 Dead Bundle ~ not bad for $15.00

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night