Translator and romhacker wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
In the end of May, there's a pal who's going over to the United States for job purposes, and I am thinking about asking him to get me a Wii, since the price of a imported one would be overly cheaper than buying one over here (due to lots of taxes and stuff).
I want to know if you, US GbaTempers, would be able to help me give him directions on buying one (since he's not into gaming at all).

I need to know stores where you can easily buy a Wii in New York, know about possible out-of-stock issues, and if there's a place (if any) where you can get an already modchipped Wii (because games too are overpriced around here
cry.gif
).
Also, informations on price of the console, games, controllers and possibly other accessories are appreciated.

Pleased for your attention. Thank you in advance.

aj421

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think wiis are still hard to find. I went to my local target and they still don't have wiis in stock. They have been sold out since the release. Lucky i got mine on launch day:D. Your freind can check the local gamestop. They don't sell chipped wiis since it is kinda illegal.

Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I think wiis are still hard to find. I went to my local target and they still don't have wiis in stock. They have been sold out since the release. Lucky i got mine on launch day:D. Your freind can check the local gamestop. They don't sell chipped wiis since it is kinda illegal.
Wow, still hard to find a Wii? Didn't think it would stay like that for that many time after the release
happy.gif
;;

And please note that I asked about a 'place', not a common store - I know modchips are illegal, but then why would people come to GbaTemp on the first place?
laugh.gif

Is asking for places that sells modchipped consoles illegal on these forums? If it really is, then sorry
unsure.gif

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Call your friend and tell him to line up an hour before target and EBgames open this sunday 4/29/07. He is sure to find them.

Random NYC Zip code
http://crayz.org/target_wii.php?zip=10020

Tell him to put his zip code in there
http://crayz.org/target_wii.php?zip

Wii/360 Elite @ target this sunday
http://gonintendo.com/?p=17039

60wii Per target?
http://consumerist.com/consumer/exclusives...nday-256090.php

Edit: Can't find the EBgames article about them getting Wii's this sunday.

Note: Not sure how much sales tax is for NYC is but over here in Cali the Wii system will cost you around 273USD.

imyourxpan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i bought my wii the 1st week of january because it was out of stock everywhere. check the local gamestops and ask them what time they receive shipments. Its at 12 in Chicago, it might be the same in NYC. Call everyday and all of the gamestops and see if they are receiving any shipments. If they say they might receive some, just go and see because I did and they only 3. You have to be there waiting at the register in order to get it. This is just from my experience though. Hope it helps in some sort of way.

-Peter

imyourxpan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"We had a report that EB/Gamestop are holding Wii's for a 4/29 sale. According to other sources, Target is also holding Wii's until 4/29. Get there early and score one!" (The Original Wii Locator - Wii Seeker)

edit: sorry i didn't notice someone already wrote this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...