Hacking MAYFLASH Magic-NS 2 on nintendont

Nullified_Person

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I have been looking at this thread and discovered that I could use the Maylfash Magic NS to connect to Xbox one s and switch pro controller to use on Nintendont on the Wii. I have had great success with that but with one problem: The Xbox One S Bluetooth controller won't even work on the old model of the Magic ns so I had to get the newest model of it which is the Magic NS 2 which fixes the issue with the Xbox one controller and lets it connect (because of a firmware update of the controller itself changes how Bluetooth works or something).

The thread had only mentioned the Magic NS1, not the Magic NS2( since the thread is old now), and since there was no file to let Nintendont recognize the Magic NS2 I had to make the controller file myself and found a nice piece of software that can do it for you which I found here and after that, I saved the config and copied the ini from the exported ini controller file to the controller folder on my SD card and tried it on my Wii. I launched Nintendont and put the Magic NS2 in dinput/ps3 mode which is dark blue, my Xbox One controller connected and every button worked but the D-pad didn't
So I need some help to find out if there is something wrong with the ini file so the D-pad works
the ini file is inside the rar file I uploaded here

If this works, then we can use the Magic NS2 on Nintendont

I MADE THE MAYFLASH MAGIC-NS2 WORK
So what I did do to make it work with all buttons responding in games etc, I took the .ini file from the thread that is about the Mayflash Magic-NS1 and took the code

After that, I took the button binds and pasted them over the one I had made and saved it

1657461242009.png
This is before
1657461289468.png
And this is after

but to make it work I had to copy over this line of text from the other thread I mentioned
1657461527753.png

Both the Mayflash Magic-NS1 and NS2 work the same but the NS2 has added more compatibility with other controllers so I want you guys to test it out

Credits to the other
thread

I forgot to mention that using the USB port on the Mayflash to connect the controller also works

Edit: So last year in October, I bought a Wii U and I did try this .ini file and I can gladly say that it works as normal on the Wii! The .ini works for both the Xbox One S and NS Pro controllers respectively without editing the file in any way (Since the Mayflash is already converting the signals from the controllers themselves to the vWii/Wii).

Xbox Series X/S should work but I don't have them on hand to test so I would appreciate it if someone would share their experience with the controller here!

Attachments

• MAYFLASH Magic-NS2 controller config for nintendont.rar
    620 bytes · Views: 130
Last edited by Nullified_Person,

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for this! I wasn't even aware that a second iteration of the great Magic-NS had been made. I was thinking of picking up a second one so might as well go for that one and use your ini at that point.

Reactions: Nullified_Person

Willicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So... does the Magic NS2 allow a wireless bluetooth Switch Pro Controller to be used with Nintendont?

Moreover, does it work when accessing Nintendont via vWii (as opposed to on an actual Wii, as stated in the OP)?

Nullified_Person

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So... does the Magic NS2 allow a wireless bluetooth Switch Pro Controller to be used with Nintendont?

Moreover, does it work when accessing Nintendont via vWii (as opposed to on an actual Wii, as stated in the OP)?
Yes, it does work with the switch pro controller with Bluetooth but the vWii Idk since I don't own a Wii U but you can try it out.
If you are going to only use the switch pro controller consider just getting the NS1 or just get the NS2 if you are going to use newer controllers in the future like the Xbox series controllers or the Updated firmware Xbox one S controllers etc

akadiddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My own config file for use with my Xbox One S controller, which has analogue triggers -
Code:
[Mayflash Magic-NS 2 in blue DInput mode]
# Adapted from *******/FIX94/Nintendont/pull/851
# xbox one s controller - buttons mapped to correspond with A B X Y buttons on the controller
# power button mapped to View button - start mapped to menu button
VID=33DF
PID=000A
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
# DigitalLR=0 for analogue triggers (LT & RT)
DigitalLR=0
A=0,04
B=0,02
X=0,08
Y=0,01
Z=0,20
L=0,40
R=0,80
Power=1,01
S=1,02
# D-Pad settings
Left=2,06
Down=2,04
Right=2,02
Up=2,00
RightUp=2,01
DownRight=2,03
DownLeft=2,05
UpLeft=2,07
# Stick = left analogue stick. StickX = Left & Right. StickY = Up & Down
StickX=3
StickY=4
# CStick = right analogue stick. CStickX = Left & Right. CStickY = Up & Down
CStickX=5
CStickY=6
# In hidtest, LT and RT change the fields 17 and 18 respectively. Offsets are in 
# Hex (offset/field 17 = HEX 11 & offset/field  18 = HEX 12) - set as 11 and 12
LAnalog=11
RAnalog=12
# Use the following for controllers with digital triggers (and set DigitalLR=1)
# ZL=0,10
# LAnalog=0
# RAnalog=0

Reactions: Nullified_Person

Nullified_Person

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Awesome!!
My own config file for use with my Xbox One S controller, which has analogue triggers -
Code:
[Mayflash Magic-NS 2 in blue DInput mode]
# Adapted from *******/FIX94/Nintendont/pull/851
# xbox one s controller - buttons mapped to correspond with A B X Y buttons on the controller
# power button mapped to View button - start mapped to menu button
VID=33DF
PID=000A
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
# DigitalLR=0 for analogue triggers (LT & RT)
DigitalLR=0
A=0,04
B=0,02
X=0,08
Y=0,01
Z=0,20
L=0,40
R=0,80
Power=1,01
S=1,02
# D-Pad settings
Left=2,06
Down=2,04
Right=2,02
Up=2,00
RightUp=2,01
DownRight=2,03
DownLeft=2,05
UpLeft=2,07
# Stick = left analogue stick. StickX = Left & Right. StickY = Up & Down
StickX=3
StickY=4
# CStick = right analogue stick. CStickX = Left & Right. CStickY = Up & Down
CStickX=5
CStickY=6
# In hidtest, LT and RT change the fields 17 and 18 respectively. Offsets are in
# Hex (offset/field 17 = HEX 11 & offset/field  18 = HEX 12) - set as 11 and 12
LAnalog=11
RAnalog=12
# Use the following for controllers with digital triggers (and set DigitalLR=1)
# ZL=0,10
# LAnalog=0
# RAnalog=0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already