• Views 8,335,085
  • Replies 3,952
  • Likes 278

t2171260

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, would it be possible to have a list of all the portable apps included in the full build but not in the naked one? at least the ones which are not present on the list at portableappsDOTcom.

EDIT: nevermind, just saw the bottom of the changelog file.

Last edited by t2171260,

BorrowedWifi

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick note of thanks for the update. A pair of intractable Lenovo laptops that had been freezing, midboot, are now happy as little clams to boot all the way into Mini Windows 10. You have my utmost thanks and appreciation, for such a job well done.

Reactions: Jayro

Mezabaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This project is a godsend, curious if there's anyway to rollback drivers using this as I accidentally installed a bad driver and would really love to avoid reformation at all costs. Is there a gitlab or anything to help contribute to updating, I would love to help out with this project.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
This project is a godsend, curious if there's anyway to rollback drivers using this as I accidentally installed a bad driver and would really love to avoid reformation at all costs. Is there a gitlab or anything to help contribute to updating, I would love to help out with this project.
I have not looked into driver roll back software yet, but I'll take a look into trying to find something. And I don't I now the first thing about GitHub. I can barely find the download link on there half the time.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
How difficult is it to add additional drivers to the Windows 10 ISO or WIM in the FULL USB version?
Not difficult at all, same method as usually doing so using DISM or similar. I have installed Wi-Fi, storage, chipset, and LAN drivers, and have included a few more in the Snappy Driver Installer folder of PortableApps.

Last edited by Jayro,

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wanna add some isos to my Medicat USB, but I don't have a clue how. I've tried fiddling with the syslinux configs and replicating what you did for your isos, but it never seems to work.
Basically I'm trying to add stuff like clonezilla, the full gparted live environment, and possibly an arch install iso if I can manage it. But I'm not sure how to easily add them, syslinux is a bit confusing, even more so when its already setup and I have to hack it into doing what I want :unsure:

79TAKid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for creating this.. I just created a bootable USB with rufus. I'm having trouble running a HDD test. I went to Diagnostic utilities and then UBCD -> HDD -> Diagnosis. Whenever I try to run any HDD tests, It pops up at the bottom and says

"linux.c32 not a COM32R image
boot: "

----

After looking into this further, I see that other people have mentioned this in the past and you have fixed a lot of these bugs. Is the HDD -> Diagnosis folder still messed up or is it just me? I downloaded v 17.10.02

D

Deleted User

Thanks for creating this.. I just created a bootable USB with rufus. I'm having trouble running a HDD test. I went to Diagnostic utilities and then UBCD -> HDD -> Diagnosis. Whenever I try to run any HDD tests, It pops up at the bottom and says

"linux.c32 not a COM32R image
boot: "

----

After looking into this further, I see that other people have mentioned this in the past and you have fixed a lot of these bugs. Is the HDD -> Diagnosis folder still messed up or is it just me? I downloaded v 17.10.02
Try applying the patch found in the MEGA folder.

D

Deleted User

Im facing the same problem even after applying the patch.
Experiment with different settings when creating the drive with Rufus, particularly under the partition scheme dropdown.
The issue here is likely incompatible hardware, though it may be an issue with MediCat itself.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Experiment with different settings when creating the drive with Rufus, particularly under the partition scheme dropdown.
The issue here is likely incompatible hardware, though it may be an issue with MediCat itself.
The issue is actually with Syslinux. Different BIOSes support different system calls, that's why when everything works on my end on my computers, it doesn't work for some people. I'm trying to easy my way into learning GRUB2 and BOOTMGR, and MediCat will slowly transition more and more away from Syslinux. Right now, I have the unreleased 17.10.03 working, where Mini Windows 10 and the Windows recovery discs are all selectable within the windows BOOTMGR menu. That's a huge step forward, now that I've learned how to use the commands and change the UUID numbers of the .wim files being called.

Achilles_Nascimento

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, i saw on some videos that your program could help me with some problems i am having but i am not being able to create a pen drive with the program. My problem is the following my windows wont start for no reason so i wanted to repair it and also have a pendrive with your program so i could use for the other purposes it has. can u give any advice the message i am receving when trying to create the pendrive with rufus with the complete iso is "the archieve system selected cannot be used with this iso". on rufus i am using the following specs to create the pendrive UEFI-CSM, FAT32,16 kilobytes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also when i tried to create with the NFTS, it didnt work when booting

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey, i saw on some videos that your program could help me with some problems i am having but i am not being able to create a pen drive with the program. My problem is the following my windows wont start for no reason so i wanted to repair it and also have a pendrive with your program so i could use for the other purposes it has. can u give any advice the message i am receving when trying to create the pendrive with rufus with the complete iso is "the archieve system selected cannot be used with this iso". on rufus i am using the following specs to create the pendrive UEFI-CSM, FAT32,16 kilobytes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also when i tried to create with the NFTS, it didnt work when booting
You have to choose NTFS last, or it will go back to FAT32 again and fail.

D

Deleted User

You have to choose NTFS last, or it will go back to FAT32 again and fail.
They did successfully create an NTFS drive, but it won't boot on their computer.
@Achilles_Nascimento , I don't believe MediCat DVD is compatible with FAT32. Since you seemingly can't boot an NTFS drive on your computer, you're out of luck. Sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is gta v or call of duty still up?