Spain
Reactions: ShadowOne333

riyadh52100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys I keep getting error code 2144-0001 when I try to launch a game in MelonDS (SX Core 3.0.5 Mariko)

Someone can help me please ?

cdesign

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there any difference between retroarch core performance and standalone emulator?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is the any difference between retroarch core and standalone ?

Ogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I realise I'm probably being dumb here but how do I get into settings in melonDS?
Mostly trying to control speed settings, is this possible? I haven't found a way to do it so far - cheers

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can download here the latest melonds core for Switch versión of Retroarch, haven't tried the switch version, but if it is the same as the android one, it should have Jit enabled + more settings available than the built in core updater:
https://git.libretro.com/libretro/melonDS/-/jobs/40613/artifacts/download?file_type=archive
Just download it, unzip it, and there you have the core, (well, there is a .elf and .nro)
not found

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

mario and luigi partners in time isnt working, giving me a white screen after the nintendo logo, on the plus side, kh recoded works now :D

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
melonDS for Linux ARM just released. Can try it on L4T Ubuntu 3.2.0 may get better performance too
it won't because it's build from upstream where a lot of optimisations I made for this port are still missing (though the JIT is already there).

On the topic of the libretro core on Switch used to be based off my Switch port, it wasn't updated for my last release. I don't know what the current situation with their new build bot is. Either you're getting the same melonDS core as all other platforms, so latest but with less optimisations based on upstream or you might still get an older release of the more optimised Switch port.

Reactions: Billy Acuña

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I meant with the linux build, unless you mean it is slower on any platform.
it probably is on all platforms. Delegating work to the gpu isn't free, there's a certain base cost associated with it, as it requires converting all the data into the appropriate format, sending them over, … For the same reason games sometimes have software renderers as well to determine what objects occlude other objects so that the gpu doesn't have to do unecessary calculations. That's of course only true as long as we only render at meager 256*192 pixels, if we go beyond that the software renderer scales terribly while the gpu which is specifically build to do this task starts to shine.

Reactions: Billy Acuña

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and I used neither my phone or my pc today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I was out for most of the afternoon
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall...