OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
I love this project, how can i support you?
No need to support me, I'm just doing this for fun. If you want to support melonDS, it has a Patreon here. StapleButter is the main developer behind the emulator, and she'll be the main one bringing us improvements like the hardware renderer and such. I'm just here to port everything over to the Switch.

Emulating a handheld on a newer handheld always makes me laugh. Great work! This looks really nice.
Lol, the way I see it, it'll eliminate the need to carry around both my Switch and my DS. Well, at least somewhat. It still can't play 3DS games :P

Last edited by Hydr8gon,

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, I love how easy it is to overclock the Switch with the new libnx update. I've now learned that my audio output is a little crispy even when the emulator is running full speed. Also, I actually need to implement a frame limiter now! I've gotta take care of these things, along with adding a menu option, before a release. In the meantime, because I know everyone will ask for it, here's a quick build that will automatically overclock to 1912mhz when you load a game. Just... be careful, don't go overheating your Switches! (Seriously, if you run it for too long it might have some consequences)

Attachments

• melonds.zip
    3 MB · Views: 242

Stoned

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow, I love how easy it is to overclock the Switch with the new libnx update. I've now learned that my audio output is a little crispy even when the emulator is running full speed. Also, I actually need to implement a frame limiter now! I've gotta take care of these things, along with adding a menu option, before a release. In the meantime, because I know everyone will ask for it, here's a quick build that will automatically overclock to 1912mhz when you load a game. Just... be careful, don't go overheating your Switches! (Seriously, if you run it for too long it might have some consequences)

Pokemon in Full Speed? Or Smooth Speed?

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I've released the overclocking build! Here it is. Full changelog:
-Added Switch CPU overclocking; default off (1020 MHz), max 1785 MHz
-Added framerate cap to prevent games that now reach full speed from going too fast
So yeah, max overclock will get you some decent speeds. Less intensive stuff (gen 4 Pokemon battles, Ace Attorney, etc.) will run full speed. Unfortunately I still haven't completely figured out the audio (read: I still have no idea what I'm doing) so even at full speed it doesn't sound perfect. If it's too annoying, I guess you could just mute it for now. Or wait until I figure it out. Anyways, have fun with the overclock!

Last edited by Hydr8gon,

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does it have to install .nsp? im still on 3.0.0

normal19

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
i kickstarted flip grip and it shipped last night, this will be awesome to use with it, especially when hw rendering is in

Admiral-Purple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to get back to the main menu while in a game? For example to change roms or to change screen layout or clock speed?

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
great work btw. I 've tested super princess peach with overclocking but it still slow and no audio. The hardware render will fix any speed issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp