GCN PS1/2 MemCardPRO in the works for PS2 and GCN

Snomannen_kalle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm not sure if this is news to everybody, but it certainly is to me: 8BitMods (the guys behind the original MemCardPRO for the PS1) has recently posted a teaser on Twitter showcasing a MemCardPRO (teased as MemCardPRO2) for the PS2.

At least I am very excited for this, no more hassle with switching memory cards to find the correct save or messing around with virtual memory cards in OPL!

In the same Twitter thread, they posted a photo of a MemCardPRO in a GameCube, teasing that this is on the horizon as well.

They provide info that it will be able to store game saves from different regions on the same card, as well as stating that it will be working on the Wii for GameCube games on the Wiis that are compatible with that. They also state that tons of features are being worked on and urges the reader to stay tuned for more info.

Snomannen_kalle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So can you use the MCPro2 on both PS1 and PS2 or would you need to buy separate cards for both consoles?

If I could then it would make the purchase more justifiable over just using HDDOSD.
It would be awesome to be able to use the same device on both consoles (or at least the same device to save both PS1 and PS2 games on the PS2, for my purpose anyway). I guess we'll have to wait and see when they publish more info on the new MemCardPRO2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land