Gaming metal gear solid 3ds

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pachura said:
You did not understand. I compared the "Naked sample" to a cutscene because it is not interactive - just the same scene played back everytime. It is rendered in realtime, but all the vertices are alway at the same exact position in 3D space, there's no enemy AI, physics is most probably precalculated etc. That's why it could look better than the final game, which is the case when comparing the quality of graphics of pre-fight cutscenes in SSF4 vs. the actual fight.

"I think" means "I suppose", not "This will be this way". Also, these were screenshots from the "Naked sample", which cannot be considered a game - rather a tech demo.

I believe there's no hardware restriction forcing 3D mode to run at 30 FPS. It's rather that 3DS cannot handle rendering more complicated scenes @ 60 FPS for both eyes (twice the pixel count). I guess games with simpler graphics could run @ 60 FPS in 3D.

You have your point too and I don't wanna discuss it any further best to wait for the game to be released first. =P

One way is to have less enemy AI's etc, like RE:M compared to x360, so less rendering and keeping the gorgeous graphics. If RE:M can look so good and then why can't MGS?

It's quite obvious the 3DS can't render pixels twice and keeping it at 60FPS. The 3DS simply can't handle that.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's my understand every single Metal Gear Solid game since MGS3 are mostly movies. Only 10 percent of the time you actually get to control the game. Are people really that stupid enough to buy games like this?

Mesiskope

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chartube12 said:
It's my understand every single Metal Gear Solid game since MSG3 are mostly movies. Only 10 percent of the time you actually get to control the game. Are people really that stupid enough to buy games like this?
yes.
MSG3? is that another food additive?

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chartube12 said:
It's my understand every single Metal Gear Solid game since MSG3 are mostly movies. Only 10 percent of the time you actually get to control the game. Are people really that stupid enough to buy games like this?

I'm playing MGS on PSP right now, it is damn good sir. =P Can't wait for the 3DS version.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
chartube12 said:

I'd say it's more around 50%, and even MGS1 and 2 had their fair share of cutscenes (and MGS1 was a really short game anyway, MGS3 probably has more actual gameplay time than MGS1).

My finish time for MGS4 was something like 16 hours, and maybe 8 of those were gameplay hours. I think MGS3 had a higher gameplay to cutscene ratio and is probably more like 10 to 11 gameplay hours, but MGS games are usually pretty replayable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH