Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience Releases This October

mgsv def ed.png

Shortly after the unveiling of Metal Gear Survive, Konami announced the release of another Metal Gear game. Not an entirely new game, Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience includes Hideo Kojima's MGSV: Ground Zeroes and MGSV: The Phantom Pain and their respective DLCs:

dlcs.png

This edition is set to be released on October 13, 2016 for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC (Steam) for US$49.99.

:arrow: SOURCE

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Wow. This is a great repackage and worth it for that price!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Peace Walker was amazing. I recently replayed it on PS3. it's short, but sweet.
If Konami would re-release the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection on PS4/XO that would be great for both crowds. The PAL version of MGS:LC went out of print quickly and so only the US version became accessible (it's region free but I prefer the PEGI rating).

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Wow. This is a great repackage and worth it for that price!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If Konami would re-release the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection on PS4/XO that would be great for both crowds. The PAL version of MGS:LC went out of print quickly and so only the US version became accessible (it's region free but I prefer the PEGI rating).
why bother with the legacy collection? the original MGS and VR missions were code only and the mgs4 was on a diferent disc. besides the sketch if you buy the mgs hd collection and you already own mgs4 you got everything, if they had mgs/vr missions on disc it would be a diferent story but they dont so yeah it sucks imo, i never bought it becuase it had no value to me since i praticaly had all the content on ps3 already with hd collection and mgs4 retail version.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

why bother with the legacy collection? the original MGS and VR missions were code only and the mgs4 was on a diferent disc. besides the sketch if you buy the mgs hd collection and you already own mgs4 you got everything, if they had mgs/vr missions on disc it would be a diferent story but they dont so yeah it sucks imo, i never bought it becuase it had no value to me since i praticaly had all the content on ps3 already with hd collection and mgs4 retail version.
MGS:LC was only on one platform although it's true it was a compilation of games but if they could port it over to PS4/PC/XO that would be lovely. The more, the better.

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I guess Konami really hates their Metal Gear fans if they release a tech demo and an unfinished game combined and call it a "Definitive Edition".

Don't get me wrong though I am a Metal Gear fan that actually likes Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain. I understand what Hideo wanted the game to be but I also see why it became what it was from the restraints Konami put there. IMO Konami is a piece of shit company that ruined Silent Hill, Castlevania and Metal Gear (as well as Yu-Gi-Oh and the like..). Konami should just pull out of the videogame industry, sell out the IP's to people who can make new games and focus on ripping people off on mobile games and pachinko.

solsolis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I refunded Phantom Pain for the piss poor Keyboard support. Now that I have my custom one S controller. I'll probably pick this up on the humble store with the %10 discount.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As someone who owns both games (gz on ps4, pp on x1), I gotta say this is a cash grab. Ground zeroes is a demo that somehow got away with being sold as a full retail game.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

As someone who owns both games (gz on ps4, pp on x1), I gotta say this is a cash grab. Ground zeroes is a demo that somehow got away with being sold as a full retail game.
It wasn't sold as a full retail game, the game went for $30 or less depending your country's currency. I see this as a good thing for newcomers who've yet to buy MGS5 and GZ so this is ideal.

Burlsol

Trophies
XP
Country
Ground Zeroes was a bit more than that really... It was Konami's way to try and recoup some of the development costs for the new engine and many of the assets for MGS:V instead of waiting another few years to do it. Ground Zeroes is still the bridging point between Peace Walker and Phantom Pains storywise. While yes, technically a tech demo, it would have otherwise been the first mission in Phantom Pains (where it would likely have not felt right), while not generating the money Konami needed to bring Phantom Pains as far along the development process as it did, and left a large part of the story between MGS:V and Metal Gear Solid (PS1) untold.

The problem with Ground Zeroes is really that it exists in such an odd place from within the storyline. If it were multiple missions, it would feel drawn out and the ending would feel disappointing for what effort might have gone into it. It would not have been able to go further than Paz's rescue mission without cutting into MGS:V, and it certainly could not have done much of note between the end of Peace Walker and the start of Ground Zeroes in order to have enough to stand on its own. Sure, in fairness, the original vision from Kojima may have been very different, but the world will never know. But in relation to the story that people finally got (even if some details are only present in terms of storyboards), it was pretty much the only way to release that part.

Not saying I agree with Konami or what they did, but I understand why they did it. Yes, this looks to be just another way for them to cash in on the franchise before they just grind it into the dirt, but I can see this cash grab actually working, while also being something that people might want to play (people certainly weren't going to buy the DLCs separate).

Last edited by Burlsol,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Yes, this looks to be just another way for them to cash in
This is basically "Metal Gear Solid V: Game of the Year Edition" which other companies have been doing for years. I get people are mad at Konami for their recent actions but this is great.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
This is basically "Metal Gear Solid V: Game of the Year Edition" which other companies have been doing for years. I get people are mad at Konami for their recent actions but this is great.

I really don't like Konami either, but you can't argue with getting GZ + TPP and the DLC all for $50. Not even "full price"! I'd say $50 is a very fair price for all of this.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The bundle of MGSV PP and GZ has been for around 20€ on Gameplanet already this spring. Is the DLC really worth 30€ extra?

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So just curious WHY NO PS3 RELEASE? O_O

Because is old-gen and no one will bother to that anymore. Just look at COD Black Ops 3 for PS3, i think they did a bastardization downgrade on purpose for the PS3, since it looks even worse than previous entries.

And BTW, i'm thinking to buy TPP for PS3 in the future since i don't have PS4 and i doubt i will have it in the future.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Because is old-gen and no one will bother to that anymore. Just look at COD Black Ops 3 for PS3, i think they did a bastardization downgrade on purpose for the PS3, since it looks even worse than previous entries.

And BTW, i'm thinking to buy TPP for PS3 in the future since i don't have PS4 and i doubt i will have it in the future.

Was it Call of Duty that cut the single player and a bunch of multiplayer features from the old-gen version of the game? I know some shooter did that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @SylverReZ, is Pollys alt I knew it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I see him every once whi!e , incognito
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I'm not him. Keep looking.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgtO5sebA9U