smile.gif

Posts merged

Worth a try though
biggrin.gif

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Providng the nesscary language files are placed in the rom, then yes. Roms such as Mario and Sonic and the Oplmpic Games, Advance Wars Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict and Puyo Puyo Fever 2 which have the English (and sometimes the others) language files in.

At least this means it will get a released in the US/EU.
biggrin.gif

I wonder what the diffrences are between US/GB?

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
But it's rare for a game to do that. About 90% of the time, PAL games just use the US English script.

The only game I've known that uses British English is Advance Wars Dark Conflict but that was because the scipt was translated by Europe and the Nintendo of America said the English script sucked and went and retranslated the scrip using US English (which was a smart thing since the UK script sucked).

bunnybreaker

Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
RadioShadow said:
Providng the nesscary language files are placed in the rom, then yes. Roms such as Mario and Sonic and the Oplmpic Games, Advance Wars Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict and Puyo Puyo Fever 2 which have the English (and sometimes the others) language files in.

At least this means it will get a released in the US/EU.
biggrin.gif

I wonder what the diffrences are between US/GB?

OMFG, Puyo Puyo Fever 2 has the english data inside!?! WTF!!

All this time I waited for the translation of 15th anniversary (and I'm very glad we have it, I am appreciative) but we could have been playing PPF2 in english all along. Gonna look into this.

One question, is there actually any difference between the GB and US versions of MS7? Like, has anyone actually seen any words that are spelled differently?

LA!

When this is available for download on my usual sites I shall do this manually. Also, it's probably possible to make an IPS patch if you hex edit these changed, so search the ROM for "jp.ntfr" replace with "eu.ntfr" for the font, then "_jp" with "_gb" for the rest. I shall try this when I download, but it's just a thought.

edit: ^that^ works, here's the link -> Metal Slug 7 IPS patch (64bytes)

Nekobibu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I applied the patch, CRC checked and everything, and it's still in Japanese... how come? Not that I really care, but I'm surprised.

DrTek

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The smaller patch didn't work for me, the large one did.
However options, rescued prisoners and combat school remain Japanese.

Thanks anyway!

SchuchWun

Trophies
Website
videogamehackers.ca
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users