Hacking Metroid other M - Will this work?

Trace_hunter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
1. dump iso file from friends retail copy of the game
2. burn iso to a duel layer dvd-r
3. run using neogamma R8 RC1 (which I think is the latest version, it does support duel layer disks) and ios249 (rev 17)

does this sound like it would work or am I wasting my time?

I won't be using a hard drive because I don't have one spare xP

halp appreciated =)

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sounds right, except that r9 beta is the most current neo gamma release. and i believe that the duel layer support is in the cios and not the loader it self. why not get a hdd and run it that way?

edit answered my question.

Trace_hunter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
smash_brew said:
sounds right, except that r9 beta is the most current neo gamma release. and i believe that the duel layer support is in the cios and not the loader it self. why not get a hdd and run it that way?

edit answered my question.

thanks for the reply

I couldn't actually find r9 beta, it wasn't in the neogamma thread D=. Yeah the duel layer support is in the cios so I made sure to get one that supports it.

as for the hard drive, it's simply because I don't have one spare, I recently got a hard drive enclosure for a 40gig drive which would have be perfect but it doesn't work so I gave up on that idea, plus I had already spent £5 on blank disks so I guess there isn't much point
tongue.gif

Trace_hunter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok last question, the last time I used a dvd+r (rewritable) back up it didn't work at all (it was fine when using a dvd-r but this was on a single layer dvd)
will it run ok on a +r? I can hardly find any -r's for sale D=

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
never burned any dvd9 dames to disc. they all reside on my hdd. i've heard that the +r dl discs work fine. for the dvd5 games on +r you just have to set the book type to dvd-rom and they will work without a problem.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Trace_hunter1 said:
smash_brew said:
burn the dl +r since you already have them. I'm pretty sure it should work. make sure the layer break is correct.

um...layer break?
the point in the datastream where it changes to the second layer
normaly irelevant
but wii games want a specivic one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...