"Metroidvania" game Indivisible delayed and pushed back to 2019

Thumbnail_Sorry.jpg

Games getting delayed today appears to be a trend, as Lab Zero's crowdfunded game Indivisible joins Shenmue III and Metro Exodus in being unable to make their original 2018 launch timeframe. Revealed back in 2015 by the Skullgirls developers, the game came to be when it was put on Indiegogo where it achieved $963,000 out of its 1.5 million dollar goal. Afterwards, the funding period was extended by two months, and when crowdfunding officially closed, it had reached over 2 million dollars total. Publisher 505 Games helped fund the rest of the game, and it was scheduled to release sometime this year. Now, it'll be releasing in Q1 2019, for Xbox One, Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC. The delay is cited due to funding issues, which 505 has stepped in once more to solve, and a new writer and level designer both have been hired onto the team to help them make their new release date.

This was not a decision we made lightly, nor did we make it alone. Needing more time to finish the game meant that we also needed more money. Fortunately, 505 Games has graciously funded the majority of the extension, and Lab Zero will be kicking in our Skullgirls royalties to cover the rest.

To help us make this new ship date, we’ve also hired a new Lead Level Designer and a new Lead Writer.

What we have not done is cut down on the amount of content we promised.

Not only do we want to deliver the game we said we would, the game’s structure and story made it virtually impossible to cut levels or make other kinds of “easy” cuts to reduce the scope of the game.

As always, we’ll continue to share what we’re working on through blog posts, streams and events. But until then, we’ve got a sneak peek at some of the awesome things we’re working on.

Lab Zero wouldn’t be here without your support, financial and otherwise. And we’re committed to making Indivisible the best game we can, and appreciate your patience while we get it there.

:arrow: Source

New screenshots were also posted, which you can view below.

Indiv01-768x432.png Indiv02-768x432.png Indiv04-768x432.png Indiv05-768x432.png

whateverg1012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't surprise me seeing how incredibly complex it is mechanically and all that amazing animation work. I'm happy they delayed it instead of rushing it out and hope they get it to the point where it should be.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I haven't heard of this game.
*looks at images*
I NEED IT
It's a good game. Only real issue there is is that the "progression" (as in getting stronger, not story) is really retarded and makes no goddamn sense. Every battle or second battle you will have new allies show up to join your party out of nowhere or get power ups and that gets old really quick, plus, again, it makes no sense to just have people appearing out of thin air and joining you in places that are supposedly abandoned and only are filled with monsters... Besides that, good game and even has some cool/unique ideas for stuff (eg: wall climbing by using an axe, you jump, slam it on the wall to stick to it, jump again and so on to climb walls).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh, that game is real? not just an alpha demo?
I thought I wouldn't see anything else since I tried the free demo on PS4.

Good to see it's not vaporware. the demo was nice (the hidden boss too hard), but like ThoD said I'm afraid about the story setting.
The battle system was interesting (ala Valkyrie profile) and I don't think a lot of game uses it. but it seems another game is doing it now, also displayed today on portal : Super Neptunia RPG.
it's funny how both games displayed on site's portal at the same time uses the same battle mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol