emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No idea why people would get this if they have a PS3/360 anyway.
Being in college, I dont have too much time to game, but I have some breaks between classes in which I can use a 3DS.

Than you'll be spending your breaks watching cutscenes.
Haha I guess that's one way of looking at it.

Still better than doing nothing.

I started playing MGS3 today via the HD collection and I really like it. But it's a terrible concept for a portable game due to the cutscenes and codec conversations. I had the same issue trying to play the original MGS on my PSP, in the end I deleted the game from my memory stick and just bought the game off PSN to play on my PS3.

I don't disagree that the whole presentation of the game is more suited for a console. This is more for those people who want to play the game, but don't have the noted consoles and don't plan on getting a Vita.

Than those people need to have a long hard look at themselves in the mirror.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

If they already have a 3DS, but not a PS3/XBox360, then what's the problem? They may not get the same kind of experience, but they definitely won't have to deal with the cost by going with the alternative. I'd think those that plop down $200-$250+ to purchase one of those consoles only to play the HD version need to take a harder look in the mirror than those that already have a 3DS and get the portable version. Only the interest of other games for said consoles would make it reasonable to purchase said consoles, not for a single game.

inb4 "you're not a true gamer if you don't own a PS3/XBox360"

Reactions: 6 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

If they already have a 3DS, but not a PS3/XBox360, then what's the problem? They may not get the same kind of experience, but they definitely won't have to deal with the cost by going with the alternative. I'd think those that plop down $200-$250+ to purchase one of those consoles only to play the HD version need to take a harder look in the mirror than those that already have a 3DS and get the portable version. Only the interest of other games for said consoles would make it reasonable to purchase said consoles, not for a single game.

inb4 "you're not a true gamer if you don't own a PS3/XBox360"
I agree wholeheartedly. There are people out there who simply live on the go, spending most of their time outside, at school/work or commuting - they'd rather play the game on a portable. Screw the cutscenes - you can skip them and watch some other time. Besides, you don't boot a game like that when you have only 5 minutes to play it - you boot it up on the bus when you know you'll be sitting on your ass for the next hour and you have time for it.

Reactions: 8 people

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I feel kinda unlucky, my parents bought this game for my birthday... :/

I liked the demo a bit, you know I always played Nintendo so I guess that's the reason why I barely didn't notice the drops. Yes, i played many games that had frame drops under 30fps. :3 Long live the shovelware!!!

Yes I am gettig this game!!! :D

@emigre read foxi's post, your a true gamer when you own a ps3 or 360? 0.o long live Kinect and ps Move!! ;)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They forgot the part where the 3DS version dips below 30 FPS a lot, the HD version runs at 60 FPS constantly, and the HD version also has two more games in it.

But it doesn't matter since Nintendo fans pride themselves on having incredibly apathy towards graphics, right?

Who the hell would pay $180-$250 for a 3DS with a small library currently and not buy a $200 Xbox 360 or a $250 PS3. Like seriously.

Reactions: 1 person

Eerpow

*swoosh*
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No idea why people would get this if they have a PS3/360 anyway.

because either they dont have a ps3/360 or they just wanted a portable version and they have a 3DS

and lest face it some framedrop in a game wont kill you

It won't kill me but this is Konami!
I wouldn't care if this was ZOO or something or if it was running on weaker hardware but come on.
I expected more from them, it's totally possible to run it at a constant 30fps at least, why shouldn't we be able to do that?

I however can't play a game with unexpected framerate drops, that's my limit.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They forgot the part where the 3DS version dips below 30 FPS a lot, the HD version runs at 60 FPS constantly, and the HD version also has two more games in it.

But it doesn't matter since Nintendo fans pride themselves on having incredibly apathy towards graphics, right?

Who the hell would pay $180-$250 for a 3DS with a small library currently and not buy a $200 Xbox 360 or a $250 PS3. Like seriously.

because they want a portable and the other choice available is not that good ?

and the 3DS does have the DS library at is disposal too bad i cant say the same for well you know the other choice

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I personally was very excited for the 3D (yeah, its a gimmick, so what, its a really cool gimmick) and have been quite happy with it so far. Might have been a little slow in the begining but it was nothing like the N64 days. Where as there is nothing on the PS3 or Xbox that really interests me. Guess I'm not a "true gamer" even though I've been playing them since the early 80's. (2600 ftw!)

Back to the topic, if true it's a little sad and reeks of laziness. They've had plenty of time to make it run just fine, they just chose not too.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i know is konami but every company half ass it at the end juts look at square
Yes, what about Square Enix is it that concerns you?
I personally was very excited for the 3D (yeah, its a gimmick, so what, its a really cool gimmick) and have been quite happy with it so far. Might have been a little slow in the begining but it was nothing like the N64 days. Where as there is nothing on the PS3 or Xbox that really interests me. Guess I'm not a "true gamer" even though I've been playing them since the early 80's. (2600 ftw!)

Back to the topic, if true it's a little sad and reeks of laziness. They've had plenty of time to make it run just fine, they just chose not too.
Maybe you just haven't looked thoroughly yet. I personally haven't seen a console that didn't have at least 1 interesting title yet. ;) There's always this one diamond under the rubble.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

Yes, let generalize groups like it's some fact, like how people generalize PS3 and XBox360 owners for being graphics whores.

Because people have preferences. Some like handheld gaming more than console gaming. Others don't. Already mentioned was the existing DS library.

Also, what if it was like this?

Who the hell would pay $250+ for a Vita with a small library currently and not buy a $200 Xbox 360 or a $250 PS3. Like seriously.

The statement is still true, yes?

Reactions: 6 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
the 3DS does have the DS library at is disposal too bad i cant say the same for well you know the other choice

Last time I checked, Vita was perfectly compatible with PSP games, just not UMD's, which, mind you, were deprecated as a medium in PSP Go days. Sony had no intention of continuing the UMD circus - it was the Sony fans that whined about it loud enough to have it implemented in the E-Street.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Maybe you just haven't looked thoroughly yet. I personally haven't seen a console that didn't have at least 1 interesting title yet. ;) There's always this one diamond under the rubble.

dint you see how lazy FF have become ?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Explain in detail what you mean, because, excuse me, if I were to choose between mundane tapping of the Skip button on conversations in Final Fantasy 7 on the PSX, begging to get to the plot already rather then chatting with some random NPC for an hour about his personal issues that have nothing to do with the grand scheme of things and the fast-paced Crisis Core, or if I were to choose between the rather ugly yet nostalgic Final Fantasy 4 and it's particularily DASHING remake for the DS, then sorry for being a snob but I choose the newer games.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Why do you assume all Nintendo fans do? No really, someone who may like Nintendo for their quality software e.g lets say me and that makes me apathy towards graphics now?

Anyway, thanks for stating the obvious, my objective was to compare snake's visuals from PS2 TO 3DS. But ok let me state another obvious they forgot to mention the game can be played 3D, 3D is beautiful, amazing sense of depth and it's very pleasing to the eyes.

Reactions: 4 people

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Explain in detail what you mean, because, excuse me, if I were to choose between mundane tapping of the Skip button on conversations in Final Fantasy 7 on the PSX, begging to get to the plot already rather then chatting with some random NPC for an hour about his personal issues that have nothing to do with the grand scheme of things and the fast-paced Crisis Core, or if I were to choose between the rather ugly yet nostalgic Final Fantasy 4 and it's particularily DASHING remake for the DS, then sorry for being a snob but I choose the newer games.

i guess you play RPG for the mindless button smashing o well

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Maybe I should rephrase to say "not enough games that interest me". I've thought about getting a 360 during sales before, but then I look at the games and its not worth it for the few I would want to play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3