Ender3Guy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,

I've been playing MHXX for a while now, and noticed the textures are significantly worse than 4U on N3DS. I did some research and came up with a 4K texture pack for XX, which I will attempt to scale down and use for XX.
I found Dasding's hacking tools for X/4U and successfully unpacked my RomFS and ArcFS with them. I've also obtained the textures needed and am now prepared to scale them down.
However, I have a few questions before I do this,

First of all, CTRPF's frame counter shows 30-50 FPS in-game with about 40 max when two monsters are loaded. However, if I disable dithering, antialiasing, etc. that FPS goes up to between 50 and 60. On loading screens I get as much as 170FPS momentarily.
This in and of itself seems to indicate that there is a fair amount of leeway when it comes to adding better textures, but I'm unsure as to how much larger than the originals I should scale the new textures.

Also, I'd like to integrate MikeWii7's Crossplay patch, but I'm not sure how to do this. Considering that CTGP-7 has CTRPF integrated directly, it seems like the most viable option is to integrate CTRPF and have it automatically load some cheats at start. Is this the best way of going about it?

Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/rI5IRxpcwDk?si=g8PPkbkjsSuwpjZW +1