Hardware microSD card suddenly working very slow

aranwarez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
I dont know if it is hardware or software issue. But my micro SD card is suddenly working very slow. I've been using SanDisk 128 GB Class 10 microSDXC card since 2018(In ex-fat). I used to get read speed around 80MB/s and write speed around 20MB/s. It did corrupt and slowed both read and write speed couple of time when using SX OS cheat finder and retro arch. But formatting it would work just fine.. Yesterday i was using retroarch and left it standby sleep mode for a day. When turn on everything slowed down. Im using Emunand so i felt entire thing slowed down.. So, i tried rebooting and it would take very long time to reboot into home menu.. So, i took the matter serious and plugged sdcard to laptop, it seems my read speed is around 80MB/s but write speed is around 1-2MB/s. I also have a SanDisk 16GB Class 4 and i tested it out. I'm getting 16MB/s read and around 5MB/s write for this older cards.. My old class 4 microsd writes faster than my class 10 card.. Im trying to copy 5GB game into this card and its ETA is showing 1hr.. I have tried formatting my card using SD card formatter and result is same.. Tried low level formatting using a Nikon camera result is still same. Any suggestion.

Attachments

• card.PNG
    card.PNG
    197.3 KB · Views: 431
Last edited by aranwarez,

ifrit05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure the card is not a fake? Fake capacity SD Cards are known to corrupt/slow down after data is written to them.

Reactions: ds34

aranwarez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
Are you sure the card is not a fake? Fake capacity SD Cards are known to corrupt/slow down after data is written to them.
I'm using authentic sanDisk microSD card. Been using it since early 2018. Had all games working fine for years..

Yesterday, I was copying witcher 3 into my memory card. while in copying process its ETA was like 12Hr and it suddenly started to write in normal speed (30MB/s) and finished within few minutes. I was happy so i plugged in sd card and my switch didn't recognize my sd card anymore.. I think my card is corrupted now. It does show up in PC. But i can't format or delete anything.. Even if format it using SDcard formatter everything shows up again.. I've got like 100GB of data i can read all my file but can't write anything new.. I tried using in my nikon camera and it says memory card is corrupted.. But i can still read my existing file in my card in my laptop.. I think my write controller has failed and it doesn't write anything new in my card.. Wished if it would just read and work in my switch.

Anyways, I'll have to buy a new memory card. But im just scared that new card will die overtime. Specially with exfat and home-brews.. May be it was SXOS emunand which had hidden partition in my card which kept writing overtime and corrupted it. Or maybe i didn't use properly..

I think this thread can be closed..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    @BigOnYa thanks but my question isn't there
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ask your questions there, create a new thread if its not already answered, then eventually a 3ds genius will respond.
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    I will, thanks
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive ones (one falls out and gone, can't find) while cutting grass so bought some cheap ones, and of course never lose these cheap ones. (Cheap meaning only $35, compared to air buds which I only have 1 of 2 now)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They need to add air tags to they airbuds..
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Be cool tech tho. Of course they want to lose them anyways. Buy and buy again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apple could make a find my AirPods thing pretty easily
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think they should tie up diddy, and let all the victims come and abuse him, we'll make a holiday of it every year. (jk, maybe)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm starting to sound like a Tck Gonna cut myself off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not 4th of July yet
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It is in India.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wow, only $700?
  • SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze:
    Hey :)
    If I book mark the topic where can I read them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with the profile icon highlighted at the top, and the "bookmarks" banner next to it in gray. Click on that icon and you'll get a list of your bookmarks.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Banners we don't need no stinking banners! Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [bans you for not taking a bath] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Who bans the banners?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I just did
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just did