Microsoft predicts one billion next gen consoles sold

mr allen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And out of that billion there will only be one Xbox One sold.

On a more serious note they will be extremely disappointed when they don't even reach half of that (500 million is still quite an optimistic number)

LockeCole_101629

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I think it's possible since he didn't say about time limit.
so if there's no more new consoles for next 5 years, by that time most toddler are turning into kids, and kids became teenager, they probably want to play/have at least one this next-gen consoles, since current consoles eventually will reach end-of-life.

Also almost every kids that I knew (friends kids, family, relative, etc) are so attached with their "gadgets" most of time they spend their time in front of TV/computer and tablets.
and their parents actually prefer it that way, and those kids also talking about these stuff at their school with their friends.

Sometimes I just worried about their future, but well... everytime I think about that.. that just so.. me.

I still remember the old times when I was a kid, begging to my parents just to play outside, but now days kids are begging for new games or new phones, and a car.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
When I read the headline I think on it:

dr%20evil%202.jpg

But the Microsoft guy is more insane than that, he want One Billion CONSOLES, wich is $ 300~400 billion of gross revenue.

tronic307

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Microsoft have lost touch with reality. The Xbone 'console', and I use that term loosely, is a loss-leader like cable boxes and cellphones, which means numbers like these would put Microsoft into trillion-dollar loss territory unless there's a monthly bill. Oh, wait...
IMG_6339.jpg

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What Microsoft is going for, is the Wii route. They're trying to pull in customers who wouldn't regularly purchase a console under normal circumstances. Even then, if people fall for that, I doubt this Gen will even reach over 500 mil. If the sales of all consoles do infact go over 1 billion by the end of this generation, I'll buy one of these Xbox Ones, and I'll EAT it.

I have screenshotted this post. If it does happen I want a Youtube Video of you chomping on a Xbox1 Sir...

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great more executives overestimating crap. It'd be nice if just once they would throw out some realistic sales expectation . Stuff like this is already bleeding the industry dry because every company feels that in order to be successful you have to sell as many units as a Call of Duty game.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Y'know Microsoft, you're not the first one trying this approach. Analysts may not have revealed the "news" to you, but the consoles that pretended they're not really consoles were the ones which flopped the most throughout history. We all know about Philips's CD-i - it excelled at Audio-CD's, Video-CD's, Karaoke-CD's, games and not selling very well. Next up was Apple's Pippin which was the console equivalent of an Apple computer, sporting a full-blown Mac OS 7-based OS with a web browser included which was pretty amazing at the time, both at computing and at failing terribly. I'm not saying that you guys are not going to turn the tide to your favour but... keep in mind that console gamers will always prefer a console, PC users will always prefer a PC, so by making a device that is neither, you don't "attract both" - you "bore both". I hope you're not going to forget what the XBox One is first and foremost and that you're going to both advertise it as a console and capitalize on it. ;)

Reactions: jonesman99

SSVAV

Lurker in space
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh great let's just bash Microsoft on a random board they will never check.

On a side note that guy has lost a screw or two.

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I noticed a mistake.

Microsoft's senior vice president for Interactive Entertainment Business Yusuf Medhi believes that by the end of the next generation, the industry will have a combined sales total of 1 billion consoles (which includes the three dominant consoles, Xbox One, PS4, and Wii U,) due to the increasing capabilities of consoles as all around entertainment systems that he believes will increase their market.

Its supposed to say 1 million consoles.

:)

Reactions: McHaggis

Yumi

With Love<3
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah right. But then again, we are less than 10%.
People will be intrigued by this. As long as it sells are steady, the Xbox1 will have minimal problems.
It can be solved though, but let's face it. WiiU will sell eventually.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, the entertainment industry is supposed to be recession proof, and the recession hasn't stopped Apple and other companies from continuing to make record sales. It's overly optimistic, but I can see where they are coming from - especially if they're expecting the Xbox One to sell as a cable box.

And yet, the majority of people who will buy the Xbone, already have cable packages. And it does not cost $600 or whatever for a cable box, then you are going to have to factor in that there will be subscription costs to access all of the features.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Freedom* *(terms and conditions apply)