mig switch not working/updating??

stickybit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
just got my mig switch and followed instructions to the T to update it and all im getting is a red light and then a message saying cart not recognised,
all im trying to do is update it to the latest firmware, it says it should flash blue when updating but all i ever get is 3 red flashes then "cart not recognised"

sd card is formatted to exfat, update file placed on root what am i doing wrong?
are some sd cards not working or something?
heres a pic of the sd card once i put it in the switch it creates an .nxindex file but its not flashing blue or anything so what exactly is the update process and what am i doing wrong?
using latest update 1.1.2 but i have tried them all

Attachments

• Screenshot (140).png
    Screenshot (140).png
    118.9 KB · Views: 30

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just got my mig switch and followed instructions to the T to update it and all im getting is a red light and then a message saying cart not recognised,
all im trying to do is update it to the latest firmware, it says it should flash blue when updating but all i ever get is 3 red flashes then "cart not recognised"

sd card is formatted to exfat, update file placed on root what am i doing wrong?
are some sd cards not working or something?
heres a pic of the sd card once i put it in the switch it creates an .nxindex file but its not flashing blue or anything so what exactly is the update process and what am i doing wrong?
using latest update 1.1.2 but i have tried them all
It will only update and make the light flash once unless you use a different firmware file you likely just missed it, it’s a super fast blink of an LED

Did you try and put any games on it ? The cart won’t be recognized by the Nintendo switch unless you place the game files on the SD card following the proper folder structure

After all the switch can’t read a game that isn’t on there

stickybit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It will only update and make the light flash once unless you use a different firmware file you likely just missed it, it’s a super fast blink of an LED

Did you try and put any games on it ? The cart won’t be recognized by the Nintendo switch unless you place the game files on the SD card following the proper folder structure

no iv not tried a game rom yet as i dont have the dumper yet, i have searched for a full rom to test it to see if its working but i can find any roms with the full files required
right i see, i was going by the instructions on mig switch site it said it should flash blue during an update and then stay blue untill i eject it, but its flashing blue and then going red again so thats ok you say?

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no iv not tried a game rom yet as i dont have the dumper yet, i have searched for a full rom to test it to see if its working but i can find any roms with the full files required
right i see, i was going by the instructions on mig switch site it said it should flash blue during an update and then stay blue untill i eject it, but its flashing blue and then going red again so thats ok you say?
Yea that’s fine it’s turning red because you don’t have any games on it it can load or be read if there is nothing to load or read

Craccoirideo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm also in the same situation, I'm wondering if it can be tested with a single xci file since I also don't have the dumper yet, just to understand if mig switch works.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also in the same situation, I'm wondering if it can be tested with a single xci file since I also don't have the dumper yet, just to understand if mig switch works.
No. If you want just an XCI file usable you need custom firmware

Or if you have to use the MIG you need donor certs…which are hella easy to find. The set I may or may not have listed has been downloaded like 300 times

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
No. If you want just an XCI file usable you need custom firmware

Or if you have to use the MIG you need donor certs…which are hella easy to find. The set I may or may not have listed has been downloaded like 300 times
Please don't share that donor then, they can use Google to find it

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to buy a Mig Dumper if you plan to dump your own games. But yeah Mig Switch is for "Owned" game carts that were dumped by the same product. XCI/NSP wont do you any good.

stickybit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
tried a few files i found and now i can get a green flashing light on the mig switch then it just says cart could not be read,
i have the xci file the certificate and the initial data file on the sd am i doing something wrong?

what does a flashing green light indicate?

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried a few files i found and now i can get a green flashing light on the mig switch then it just says cart could not be read,
i have the xci file the certificate and the initial data file on the sd am i doing something wrong?

what does a flashing green light indicate?
Share a screenshot of your SD card contents

stickybit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
and that's why it doesn't work you can't use roms. did you think this thing was for piracy?! hate to break this to ya IT'S NOT. go buy some games, rip them than upload them to this USELESS device :P
no im not wanting it for piracy, im just wanting to make sure its working but so far i cant get it to play a game, and the dumper is not due til around may

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 428908
Post automatically merged:

the xci mite be from a different version im not sure i renamed it to match the certificate file
I think you need all 4 bin files

I keep seeing people say you don’t but I never got it to work with alternatively sourced files without all 4 bin files

Reactions: stickybit

Xleratehighlander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hi, Can you show me or tell me what the proper folder structure are?
Post automatically merged:

Can you show me or tell me what the proper folder structure are? Maybe I am doing it wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch