aphirst

OP
Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure you're all aware of the construction of a Cobalt/Black DS Lite.
On the metallic blue portion of the console, almost bang on the right-corner, there is a small (2-3mm) mark. As such, a small fleck of the metallic coating is no longer present.
tongue.gif

It's not particularly noticeable, but does anyone have any ideas for what I could put on the corner to in effect "repair" it? I was thinking of the order of some sort of metallic paint (applying a very thin layer to that small portion); I would obviously need the right shade. Car body paint springs to mind, but I did a quick Google search, and couldn't find it in small quantities (I don't need more than a few millilitres).

Any help would be *greatly* appreciated, and I'll post a photo when I can find my camera.

JDMEVOIXMR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not even worth the trouble, try to cover it with a silicone case or something. as far as car touch up paint, put a little bit, let it dry, and sand down the excess. i don't know of any car that matches that color..maybe you should try a Chevy Cobalt :lol j/k.

aphirst

OP
Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"Sand down the excess"? I just had a horrible mental image of me taking sandpaper to my precious DS.
tongue.gif

Obviously, a Silicone case would obscure the damage, but it would obscure the fact that I have a Cobalt/Black DS Lite, which is sort of the point in my getting one in the first place.

"Chevrolet Cobalt...", I suppose I could take my DS somewhere where I might be ale to get hold of car touch up paint. I'd need to research where exactly I could do that (bricks and mortar, I mean).

Thanks a bunch!
happy.gif

Any other ideas would be appreciated, as well.
wink.gif

JDMEVOIXMR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just find a color that would match it...personally I think the Lexus IS-F blue would match but that's me, look it up if you want and tell me what you think. Got any pics of the damage?

aphirst

OP
Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just some finality - I got myself a SHOCK! replacement shell, which a very kind friend swapped out for me. It looks fantastic, feels great, and we only had to mod it in a couple of places (one of the triggers had to be modified such that it pressed the actual button at the right time through the press; and we had to use blutac to hold a ribbon cable in the right place to ensure a good connection - I might get a replacement screen if that problem comes back). It's sexy matt black, and the only difference in feel from an OEM case is the slight difference in hinge opening-angle. It's fine for me though.
wink.gif

If that gets damaged, though, I'll just get one of those DX replacement shells and swap parts when necessary.

*Pics will be posted when I find my camera*

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
car shop and have them match the color with touch up paint. then touch it up. most should be able to match the color

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/sg0D1PpgCXs?si=rnzM6Df7jeL6FiPz