• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Missing girl found at a pedophile house thanks to... a nintendo switch

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That guy deserves to be in prison for the rest of his life, funny how he managed to leave his online footprint thanks to a Switch.
You didnt read the article, did you?
The girl went to his house on her own and brought her switch with her. When she downloaded a game online with the dude's internet, one of her actual friend saw she was online and called the autorities

Reactions: SylverReZ

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have read the article, you think I wouldn't?
Sorry, must be a misunderstanding, but the way i read your post, it sounded like you were saying the pedophile was the one who left an ip footprint

• Haha

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
"With Nintendo’s help."

I'd assume a warrant was involved.

Whoever wrote this article has questionable ethics. Was it written by AI?

"young woman".

• Haha

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
By offering a detailed account of the incident, the article ensures that readers have a full understanding of the situation

am i the only one who thinks this is bullshit? The girl left on her own, and in deduction there's always two sides. Yet the article flat out paints the girl as fully innocent and the perpetrator as 'vile'. I'm not saying he's innocent, but for a claim of the'detailed account of the incident', there are some pretty gaping hole. So he forced her to undress and film... Is that it? Did he distribute it? Used it for blackmail? Did she consent? Did he took away her cell phone?

Yes, I know: 15 isn't a legal age, no need for a reminder. But the guy gets 30 years for a crime that depending on context could range from, say, 5 to life (my opinion). The article says nothing on whether or not it's fair in any way.

But okay... Yeeeey for devices being used for tracing.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
By offering a detailed account of the incident, the article ensures that readers have a full understanding of the situation

am i the only one who thinks this is bullshit? The girl left on her own, and in deduction there's always two sides. Yet the article flat out paints the girl as fully innocent and the perpetrator as 'vile'. I'm not saying he's innocent, but for a claim of the'detailed account of the incident', there are some pretty gaping hole. So he forced her to undress and film... Is that it? Did he distribute it? Used it for blackmail? Did she consent? Did he took away her cell phone?

Yes, I know: 15 isn't a legal age, no need for a reminder. But the guy gets 30 years for a crime that depending on context could range from, say, 5 to life (my opinion). The article says nothing on whether or not it's fair in any way.

But okay... Yeeeey for devices being used for tracing.
I don't know the details, but if he got 30 years, i guess the judge and everyone participating in the trial knew these details. Also, this is pure suppositions now, maybe these details were hidden for good reasons, such as evidences that could be used to trace other pedo and/or a whole network.

Reactions: Taleweaver

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?