KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
KingVamp said:
What made them make Luigi skinny? Is it because they couldn't with Mario or just plan wanted him to look distinguish(as if green clothes wasn't enough
tongue.gif
).
Back then, Luigi was just a palette swap of Mario with a green color scheme.
I know, but then they change his size in the future as to now. See where I'm coming from? All you needed was green clothes to be like "hey it Luigi!".

Al tho it wouldn't be the same.
laugh.gif

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
and why is he still fat he gets plenty of exercise jumping off walls, planets, flying through space, playing tennis, Olympics, soccer, basketball, golf, mini games, driving and a shitload of other physical stuff he should be in the best shape of anyone in existence!!
laugh.gif

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ShadowSoldier said:
That's a lie. Mario's fat because he's Italian and he loves his spaghetti with he's momma's homemade ragu!

I agree.

If it was a matter of "just the collision system", he'd be slim by now... like Sonic, who lost a good few pounds when the Dreamcast came out.

Italian fattie plumber is an image that's etched into our minds, and I too blame the spaghetti. The Super Mario Show makes me double-certain.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always assumed it because he was of Italian descent, but actually from New York. And if you think middle aged male New Yorkian, you think chubby. (at least I do)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Linkiboy said:
I always assumed it because he was of Italian descent, but actually from New York. And if you think middle aged male New Yorkian, you think chubby. (at least I do)

Wouldn't he have a thicker accent in that case? if we're onto stereotypes, let's go Full Speed Ahead, lol.

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Bladexdsl said:
and why is he still fat he gets plenty of exercise jumping off walls, planets, flying through space, playing tennis, Olympics, soccer, basketball, golf, mini games, driving and a shitload of other physical stuff he should be in the best shape of anyone in existence!!
laugh.gif
And dates blond women, which is a lot of exercise, but he probably eats more mushrooms than he should (and also feathers)

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
Linkiboy said:

Wouldn't he have a thicker accent in that case? if we're onto stereotypes, let's go Full Speed Ahead, lol.
Well, he is speaking English to begin with...

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Amazing...?

Well, this was unexpected. But at the same time miyamoto shows @ all the world Mario should not be forgotten. Good business tactics if you ask me (and interesting spots)

Rockym

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
This doesn't even make any sense. According to that logic then all NES characters should be fat.

I believe the hardware he is referring to is the arcade machines that Mario appeared on before the NES existed. Like the original Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr arcade games.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Who gives a damn about why Mario is fat. What I would like to know is why the hell he hasn't slimmed down at all after jumping from one platform to another, running through the galaxy like fuck, stomping on bosses and playing a shitload of sports.

shaosam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a cool little anecdote. It's also interesting to note that Miyamoto had a degree in Industrial Design, and had little to no technical knowledge or programming expertise when he was chosen to be the lead designer of Donkey Kong.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
KingVamp said:
SoulSnatcher said:
KingVamp said:
What made them make Luigi skinny? Is it because they couldn't with Mario or just plan wanted him to look distinguish(as if green clothes wasn't enough
tongue.gif
).
Back then, Luigi was just a palette swap of Mario with a green color scheme.
I know, but then they change his size in the future as to now. See where I'm coming from? All you needed was green clothes to be like "hey it Luigi!".

Al tho it wouldn't be the same.
laugh.gif
Because it wouldn't be Luigi, it'd be Mario with a green outfit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...