GCN Mod for the gamecube

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
usually dvd-and-media.com or rivieramultimedia.co.uk and I also find a lot of bargains on Amazon (surprisingly) from time to time.

I only use Maxell discs (or better if there's a bargain to be found,) been using the cheapest Maxell ones for over 10 years without a single coaster so I tend to stick to them. But I've not purchased any for a while, I stocked up last time there was a Prime members offer on them.

Last edited by Stwert,
Reactions: contezero

Medveitsi

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The gamecube is not able to read more than 1.2 gb, AFAIK. even using bigger dvds doesn't have any advantage: the usable part is still the same. It is a limitaiton fo the optical reader's firmware and is not possible to change that even with a modchip. Mini dvds are cheap but standard size dvd are cheaper ;-)
i think GC drive can read up to 3gb something with full size dvd's

contezero

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i think GC drive can read up to 3gb something with full size dvd's

Never heard about that. I forgot the source of the 1.5 gb limitation (1.2 was a typo) but I remember that even the Panasonic Q, that comes with a fill size dvd tray and can read video dvd is not able to overcome this limitation. As a matter of facts there are no iso for gamecube bigger than 1.5gb, not even multi games isos. The multi game iso creator (recently updated) has a size limit of 1.36gb. I'd would be very happy to know if there are ways to burn 3gb dvds for the gamecube since all my modded cubes have the full size dvd case mod.

Medveitsi

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Never heard about that. I forgot the source of the 1.5 gb limitation (1.2 was a typo) but I remember that even the Panasonic Q, that comes with a fill size dvd tray and can read video dvd is not able to overcome this limitation. As a matter of facts there are no iso for gamecube bigger than 1.5gb, not even multi games isos. The multi game iso creator (recently updated) has a size limit of 1.36gb. I'd would be very happy to know if there are ways to burn 3gb dvds for the gamecube since all my modded cubes have the full size dvd case mod.
you can make iso with multiple games on it up to 3gb something. correct me if im wrong

contezero

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you can make iso with multiple games on it up to 3gb something. correct me if im wrong

The multi game iso creator can do bigger images but they will work only on wii and gcm utility can go only up 1.36gb. If you know some programs that works please tell me wich one is.

Reactions: JakobAir

thetechbros

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usually dvd-and-media.com or rivieramultimedia.co.uk and I also find a lot of bargains on Amazon (surprisingly) from time to time.

I only use Maxell discs (or better if there's a bargain to be found,) been using the cheapest Maxell ones for over 10 years without a single coaster so I tend to stick to them. But I've not purchased any for a while, I stocked up last time there was a Prime members offer on them.
when u see amazon having a special can you send to me

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how are the no name silver tops and the printablr ones they have for sale. its 50 disk for like 10 euros i think

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land