Hardware ModChipCentral sells fake Wii-Clips!!!

ModchipCentral

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You have not received a clone Wiikey from us and I can guarantee you that 100%. We have never bought any Wiikeys from a 3rd party supplier. All have been directly from the Wiikey team.

Fr0sTby7eX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, ok thank god. I haven't gotten mine yet...been waiting for a week for it to start shipping and it hasn't even left Canada yet, thank you for responding here. I feel a lot better. I have a question tho...if I were to receive a fake wii-clip on my Wiikey that I ordered Soldered on, would I get a new Wiikey as well because my key is ruined?

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What a rip off then...I don't even get a refund for using your crappy site? No party gift? You guys have lost one valuable customer, I'll tell you that. But seriously, before someone else is the next victim of fraud, check your Wiikeys and check all the C2 fuses. What luck to be the "first" person to experience fraud from a site that right now is using false advertisement saying official wiikeys.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
What a rip off then...I don't even get a refund for using your crappy site? No party gift? You guys have lost one valuable customer, I'll tell you that. But seriously, before someone else is the next victim of fraud, check your Wiikeys and check all the C2 fuses. What luck to be the "first" person to experience fraud from a site that right now is using false advertisement saying official wiikeys.

It is much more likely that you have no idea what you are talking about.

ModchipCentral

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fr0sTby7eX said:
Ah, ok thank god. I haven't gotten mine yet...been waiting for a week for it to start shipping and it hasn't even left Canada yet, thank you for responding here. I feel a lot better. I have a question tho...if I were to receive a fake wii-clip on my Wiikey that I ordered Soldered on, would I get a new Wiikey as well because my key is ruined?

We only purchased 50 V4C and 50 V5 that were non authentic so you will not be affected by it since you will have the Wiiclip V3
smile.gif

Posts merged

fischju said:
QUOTE(Brian117 @ Aug 10 2008, 11:37 AM) What a rip off then...I don't even get a refund for using your crappy site? No party gift? You guys have lost one valuable customer, I'll tell you that. But seriously, before someone else is the next victim of fraud, check your Wiikeys and check all the C2 fuses. What luck to be the "first" person to experience fraud from a site that right now is using false advertisement saying official wiikeys.

It is much more likely that you have no idea what you are talking about.

I agree. Looks like someone just trying to bash.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Brian117 said:

I bought mine from another company and didn't either get a hologram, but guess what, some of them don't have that since miss in production of they wiikeys also at the start they never did have holograms. Put the upgrade disc in and see if it works, if it works congrats, you got a working Wiikey and stop whine!

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trying to bash. I'm trying to get my feedback out you morons. I haven't even installed it yet in my wii because I'm not going to risk bricking my Wii from a lame company selling fakes. So who knows if it works with the config disk. I'm sure as hell aren't installing it untill I find a site actually selling Authentic Wiikeys.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Brian117 said:
I'm not trying to bash. I'm trying to get my feedback out you morons. I haven't even installed it yet in my wii because I'm not going to risk bricking my Wii from a lame company selling fakes. So who knows if it works with the config disk. I'm sure as hell aren't installing it untill I find a site actually selling Authentic Wiikeys.

Get a picture of the Wiikey and upload it somewhere so we all can see it then

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will do.

Couldn't get a very good picture of the fuse upclose. Since it would make it all blurry. Tried to zoom out and get the whole chip. I used my crappy $10 digital camera since my brother is using mine to take picture of things for ebay. But here...

5exz6d.jpg

Notice the C2 fuse is out of place (it's more the the left then right in the center where the fuse is), Also notice how far apart the ports are that you need to solder at the bottom,

So if you go look at the clone images of the Wiikey, you'll notice how mine looks 99.9% the same.

EDIT: Here is the images provided by the Wiikeyguide:

wiikey-clone-logo.jpg

ModchipCentral

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is no way anyone would receive a Wiikey without a hologram from us. They are inside the ESD bag from factory!

Contact Wiikey if you wish and ask them when our last order of Wiikeys was.

Any Wiikey that has ever come from our store is 100% genuine and authentic with a hologram.

If you truly did receive your Wiikey from us, you are fine with installing it.
smile.gif

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'd rather wait before I install a clone. I will just buy from a new store, that's all. No big deal. I am pretty pissed that you won't give me a refund for this. Guess I need to wait a little while longer to buy another one. Thanks for your time and replies.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NeSchn said:
cracker said:
So apparently, thus far it only seems to be the D2CPro9 clips that are fakes coming from them.

On a side note did anyone else feel like they were going to break something when trying to get the clip to clip?
Nope, I just lined it up with the chip and used a little force to clip it on. I didn't feel like anything was going to break.

Hmmm that's somewhat disturbing then...
unsure.gif

I received a reply from MCC:

We did receive a small batch of non authentic Wiiclips from a supplier that guaranteed us they were authentic. The Wiiclip team has been notified of this and we are no longer purchasing from this supplier.

I will ship you an authentic Wiiclip tomorrow.

Edit: Oops didn't see MCC post here (somehow didn't get an email that there replies to this thread and I totally skipped page 2).

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
NeSchn said:
Well either way I know my WiiKey is real, I have been having trouble with it taking along time to read alot of my burned discs though. Probably about 5 trys before they work, does this happen to anyone else?
Maybe the inside of your Wii is dusty. Try blowing really hard into the disc slot. My originals sometimes take a few tries to get running. But that's just life.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
I think I'd rather wait before I install a clone. I will just buy from a new store, that's all. No big deal. I am pretty pissed that you won't give me a refund for this. Guess I need to wait a little while longer to buy another one. Thanks for your time and replies.
Well even though you said you weren't bashing them before, it seems like you are. You keep repeating that they are a lame company and you'll buy from somewhere else. They won't give you a refund because they know it should be impossible to get a clone. Are you sure you even bought from them? Have you even contacted them before posting in this topic, because what's the point of bringing this unrelated matter up at GBAtemp at all?

And NeSchen, do you leave Wii24Connect on? I know when my Wii gets too warm it would stop reading discs too. But that would also happen more frequently with lower quality burns, so it could be that.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys actually think I'm that stupid to not know where I ordered my Wiikey from? I checked the status of my order every single day since I ordered it. Typed in the exact characters in the URL...w-w-w-.-m-o-d-c-h-i-p-c-e-n-t-r-a-l-.-c-o-m.

Or, maybe I ordered it from www.modchipcenter.com?

sleep.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram