Hacking Modded PSP 1001 Fat has Left analog with mind of it's own.

ThePJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems that the left analog after I let go likes to keep moving slightly, you know, so it makes a character sneak.

So far it's only happening in games like Little Big Planet and LEGO Star Wars 2, but not in games like Tomb Raider Anniversary or TMNT. Is my PSP very frugal about games it likes? :P
Firmware is 6.60 Pro-C

Is it a matter of blowing out the area near the analog?
I'm not a portable expert, I have always been about PC gaming. Thanks

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could just be going bad. I think there is a plugin that will allow you to set the deadzone to be wider. If it gets too bad, there's Analog Block, but if you want to use it, you might have to replace it.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You'll need to replace the conductive pad between the motherboard and analogue nub.
you can find them on ebay for a quid or two and it requires minimal PSP disassembly to do it.

ThePJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im ordering all new analogue, dpad and cover anyway, its an ugly ass white faceplate, i don't think it came with it, and the dpad is all funky. Like no letters.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
you might need to dissassemble and clean it, i had to do this once years ago.

Its not too difficult but it can be a pain depending on how you are and if you have a good guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...