XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
*Official Press Release*

A Nintendo insider said[...]
2iogmr.jpg

Don't believe that bullshit...
Just read the rest of this "newspost", it becomes pretty clear whose side those unenlightened fools are on
rofl2.gif

Edit:
Disregard that, I just realized the text at the beginning isn't part of the press release
shy.gif

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PapiChulo said:
thebobevil said:
PapiChulo said:
Meh. Some threat. Wii's online capability is the sorriest of all the current gen's.

fix'd
wink.gif

They're all next gens until I own them all. I only have Wii. So still next gen
smile.gif

Then, by your own, logic, it's current gen
wink.gif

Think about what you wrote lol

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thebobevil said:
PapiChulo said:
Meh. Some threat. Wii's online capability is the sorriest of all consoles of the past 10 years.

fix'd
wink.gif
fix'd'd

Anyway, I'm kinda confused about this press release...seems like the tokipost blog altered the original press release, so the quotation of the Nintendo insider does seem to actually be part of the press release...

But why in the world should I trust an anti-piracy company on this issue?
They're liars, end of story.

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
Ugh =\ It's near impossible to detect a drivechip. To the wii, the dvd-drive is external hardware, it has no way of verifying the information it recieves from it, and the only way to detect a drivechip is to somehow abuse a security flaw in the chip itself.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They don't need to detect a drive chip. If you're playing the PAL release from the USA three weeks before the release of said PAL game, they're going to assume you've downloaded it. How else would you get the game?

I'm surprised they even have the servers for these games running before the release date. Seems kinda weird to me...

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Hooya said:
They don't need to detect a drive chip. If you're playing the PAL release from the USA three weeks before the release of said PAL game, they're going to assume you've downloaded it. How else would you get the game?

I'm surprised they even have the servers for these games running before the release date. Seems kinda weird to me...

1. The game was released 2 days ago. Also, GAME broke the release date. Also, freeloader would give an excuse.

2. WFC doesn't use servers. The site where the rankings are held has probably been up for ages, testing and whatnot.

badbob

Trophies
XP
Country
I think the press release is real, it seems like the place ELSPA busted was Modchipfitters, their site is down and they are based in Leicestershire.

Sucks for me though because I just bought a replacement drive from them before they went down, but it's a dodgy drive and can't even boot a disc without giving a DRE. Maybe this is why they didn't reply to my email...
unsure.gif

A

armand66

The press release can be as real as they want, but so far, all it seems like is scare tactics, as no update Nintendo have provided has been able to brick a wii, and mario kart certainly didn't brick the wii, as that release would have you believe.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tanas said:
Niether nintendo or microsoft can detect the modchips, its the backups which are detected.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/789/789640p1.html

QUOTEUS, May 17, 2007 - Today Microsoft spokesperson Major Nelson confirmed on his blog that modded Xbox 360s are being banned from Xbox Live. Nelson says Microsoft has a zero-tolerance policy towards modded consoles accessing the service in an attempt to ensure a level playing field for all users. If Xbox Live detects a mod chip in your console, you will be treated to this screen:

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
metroid_phobia said:
Tanas said:
Niether nintendo or microsoft can detect the modchips, its the backups which are detected.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/789/789640p1.html

QUOTEUS, May 17, 2007 - Today Microsoft spokesperson Major Nelson confirmed on his blog that modded Xbox 360s are being banned from Xbox Live. Nelson says Microsoft has a zero-tolerance policy towards modded consoles accessing the service in an attempt to ensure a level playing field for all users. If Xbox Live detects a mod chip in your console, you will be treated to this screen:

Look up the following word ... propaganda.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hooya said:
Buy it from the USA? duh
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess all the food in my fridge can knock out a cow or two
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream machine started rust inside so I pitched it, but gotta get a new one, miss making my own ice cream, esp with booze.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream... +1