Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I love this topic
laugh.gif
I was in a really bad mood, but this made my day..

On topic: I can't help this guy (The previous posts contain everything I would like to say). This reminds me of my own disappointment when I found out what is required to make a game or application for the DS or any other system..

fateastray

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
"I have no idea what I'm doing, I just got out of kindergarten, I can't even spell my goddamn name. I'm planning on building a rocketship with warpspeed. I don't know where to start, who wants to help?"

Moots

The Incredible Sulk
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'll start by saying this isn't directed at anyone who made a valid contribution (Such as Chuck)

What a bunch of elitist R-tards you all are.

Some one rolls in here, and asks about porting a game. For all we know this is some kid, maybe 12-13, maybe he doesn't know what it takes to program/port a game, maybe he's niave, sure, but you can take the time to explain, politely, to this kid that its a long process and if he is really interested he can look into programming(props to chuck for his post) maybe he gets a postive response, some one explains it to him the work involved and maybe he decides to learn programming because he really is passionate about making games.....maybe it sparks his interest and in 15 years he's lead programmer on something huge or maybe he's just a grunt at a game company but is happy with what he's doing.

Or maybe, all the members of our amazing community mock this kid, because he doesn't know. Maybe no one ever told him, maybe he's new to the idea of making games. Oh wait aren't we all born with the information regarding game making ingrained into us as a species, kinda like how salmon know how to return to exactly where they were born to go spawn? Oh wait we aren't.

Hey Axisk, I hope you follow through guy. Look into programming, its a great skill and even if you don't decide to go into game making its a solid thing to have on a resume when you are older.

To the rest of you who mocked this kid, or didn't have the decency to be polite and or helpful.....

Fuck you.

Like a bunch of virgins rushing to some naked broad with her legs spread, you flocked to berate this kid fucking chomping at the bit in hopes to get a few laughs from your fellow degenerate, unhelpful cohorts.

What a Fan-fucking-Tastically supportive community we belong to.

I just hope this post stays up long enough for some of the people involved in this douche-baggery to read.

FateAstray you might be the worst of them all. Not only do you insult him, you imply he is just out of kindergarten. If your not willing to help people, especially those with little to no experience or younger than yourself (how else are they supposed to learn), in a topic where they ask for help no less, then piss off. I hope it made you feel better to belittle a young persons goals and I pray to god that one day when you look for guidance from someone they mock you, so you can feel what its like. I don't care if this is the internet, people are people, treat them with some respect.

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Killermech said:
That's cause we all from the very deepest core of our heart, would like to see him succeed with his little game. It's like the crippled boy you cheer for in the movies when he goes for the 100 metre sprint and then a silently but yet satisfying 'awww' is echoed through the room as he reaches the goal... 'Good boy' you whisper... Good boy.

That comment above was hilarious though lol. You must admit
smile.gif
I think the problem is that people tried to be realistic with him in a polite manner, and he basically wasn't listening and just continued saying "Ya gunna help ur what?"

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
zallaaa said:
Boligrafo said:
This reminds me of when I was 7, and I would draw on index cards some screens of the GBC games I wanted to make.

rofl2.gif

That's reminds me of when I was younger, 5 or 6 I think, and I thought that swapping the label of a nes cartridge another would grant me a new game
biggrin.gif
(well, I even thought I could mod a console simply putting some new pieces inside and gluing back the guts togheter...)

That's what I did when I was four!
smile.gif

I had disneys "the little mermaid" which I didn't like, so I wrote "Turtles" on it with a crayon and had my hopes up for it to work.... oh the crying....
tongue.gif

On topic:

IF you have no experience what so ever making a game, especially for the ds... Don't set too high goals... don't try to make monster hunter DS. You should try to make "change the color on the top screen by pressing a button on the touch screen" DS. then gradually make something more interesting, like a card game of some sort perhaps, in a rock paper scissor fashion.
after you get the hang of it it'd be more interesting for you.
But aiming at a monster hunter DS is a bit too much I think, just as a friendly advice. You'll need artificial intelligence, and that's NOT easy. and you have to make a lot of advanced stuff there are 3 year educations about... so i suppose it'll be hard.. NOT impossible though, but It'd need some serious determination and such.

and to all the guys flaming: STOP IT! I hate it when people say "hey you're stupid!" when they could tell them something informative.

CPhantom

The Noob :(
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
and how old are ya?

I'm working on a game myself (Triple Triad DS) and have yet to take any major advancements forward for the past three months due to lack of C knowledge. Don't think anyone will help. Just work alone on learning the C part...and it'll take years to do. So yeah >.>;

zergslayer69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
An actual productive post. Take one more look at monster hunter, whether ps2 or psp. Take a good look. See the graphics? Those are pretty darn nice looking. Now come back to the DS and pick out a game that comes as close to monster hunter as possible. Unfortunately, there are none that I can think of. Sure, there are some nice looking DS games but none as gorgeous as monster hunter.

Now, if you're thinking of a game that's much more basic, like uhh, maybe a monster hunter with a pokemon top/down view. Perhaps that's possible but.....you may as well just play pokemon then. I think first things first, you need a pretty thorough idea what you want your game to be like, how it'll look, and how it'll play. Once you have it all laid down, if it sounds appealing, someone may come develop upon your idea.

P33KAJ3W

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
Mr. Waffle said:
What's about to crash in my browser?
Mine didn't crash; I want my money back
hate2.gif

Neither did mine, just lagged a lil' bit - That's why I thought it would be fine - meh

Sorry for the offending link I will sit here in the shame of my warning level.

On a lighter note I would love to see some concept art from the creator of this thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land