Hacking Monster Hunter Tri Ports

LuigiPT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It seems I'm having a problem connecting to online games. I can access all the internet channels (Internet, Nintendo, News, etc) but can't connect to any game server. My bet is that my network have those ports blocked.

Is there a way to know what ports the Wii use to connect to the Monster Hunter Trii servers so I could open them?

LuigiPT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure the problem must be on my end.
I tried The Conduit, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart Wii and all ended up with a 61010 erro.
Monster Hunter Tri brakes at 65% and gives me a 11617 error. I never went online in MHT like those in that thread.

And since my network has almost every port blocked with the exception of http and others I really thing it's a port problem. :S

LuigiPT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No, it's my first time going online. And having all the 4 games not working is a really big coincidence.
Does any one know the ports so I could atleast give it a try?

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As deadlyfoes said, its not on your end, its the servers, most people had problems getting online with games recently.
I can atest for that, I tried playing MH3 2 days ago, all was fine, yesterday and today, my Wii can't connect......
And I have'nt changed anything since day 1.
Just wait it out.......

LuigiPT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I still pretty sure the problem is on my end.
Forgot to mention a detail, tried with other games like Mario Kart Wii, SSBB and The Conduit and couldn't connect to any of those, they all gave me a 61010 error. Monster Hunter Tri gave me a 11617 error, still haven't see anyone with that error number... :S

gameking66 said:
I'm pretty sure it uses the most commonly opened ports... like 80, 8080, 21, 25.

I need to be sure that those are the ones. Since I'm not the administrator of the network I can't just do trial-and-error, I have to know for sure when I ask to open them.

foxgrey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on the nintendo site they list the following

QUOTE said:
TCP:
Allow traffic to all destinations on ports: 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920, 80, and 443

UDP:
Allow all traffic to all destinations. (Necessary for peer-to-peer connections and game play). Our Network Test tool can be used from a computer behind your firewall to test if outbound UDP is allowed.

This may only apply to nintendo servers though, can't say for 100% that Monster Hunter relies on Nintendo servers.

*off topic slightly* I love how they list this option in the troubleshooting pages,
QUOTEOpen ports 1 through 65535 as both TCP and UDP.
laugh.gif

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
DeadlyFoez said:
That could be it if you got every port blocked, but if things were working before and you did not change anything then that is not your problem. As I said in that other thread is that I was having issues going on mario kart last night. I haven't bothered to try today.

MH3 is using capcom servers not the servers from nintendo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: yeehaw