Homebrew MoonShell 2.10 Stable Child Zwai Edition Fixed Setup.exe

animex2k9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't seems to install the moonshell using the setup.exe, so I've fixed the setup.exe to install properly.

Why now? I'm bored and don't have anything to do right now, so I've fixed the setup.exe for this Moonshell 2.10 version.
yaypsp.gif
yaynds.gif

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2HH7HGSN

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are board you could try getting child zwai loading comercial ROMs via a forwarder loader and autorun feature on the acekard.
yaynds.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
Mantis41 said:
If you are board you could try getting child zwai loading comercial ROMs via a forwarder loader and autorun feature on the acekard.
yaynds.gif
Taiju's inilink...
I should change my title to "Keeper of Taiju's Files"
Although you're the 'keeper' - you can't be the 'distributor' though, since Taiju won't let you (hence why my 'MAIO' got canned - as I 'lost' permission for using the loader)

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Although you're the 'keeper' - you can't be the 'distributor' though, since Taiju won't let you (hence why my 'MAIO' got canned - as I 'lost' permission for using the loader)
That is why I was hoping a smart person could write another loader that doesn't require Taiju's work. The other problem is that moonshell needs to be patched so it will see comercial roms. With MAIO we were using a patched version of 2.1, If the loaders were used on a standard version I don't think it will work. I have the patched 2.1 version working fine with Taiju's inilink and the latest akAIO. I have never managed to get child zwai working.

Anyone brave enough to ask Normmatt to update his loader? I might try and hex edit it, changing instances of fat1: to fat0: and see if that works.

Edit: Taiju has said personal use is ok he just doesn't want the files distributed.
QUOTE(Xenon++ @ Nov 17 2010, 08:21 AM) no you can keep it! just unredistributable.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:
That is why I was hoping a smart person could write another loader that doesn't require Taiju's work. The other problem is that moonshell needs to be patched so it will see comercial roms. With MAIO we were using a patched version of 2.1,2.10b9

QUOTE(Mantis41 @ Mar 18 2011, 09:19 AM) I might try and hex edit it, changing instances of fat1: to fat0: and see if that works.
Doesn't work.. It just gives white screens (with fat0: and fat1:).
I think the loader is for AKAIO 1.5.1.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I give up. I am just fumbling around without really knowing what I am doing nor am I getting anywhere apart from f'ing up my existing set up.

My goal is to try and get commercial ROMs to run from akAIO but be called or forwarded from moonshell 2.1 Child Zwai edition. This probably goes against the wishes of the author of moonshell who most probably doesn't want ROMs running from moonshell anyway. Strictly speaking it is still akAIO that is running the ROMs, moonshell is just requesting akAIO when a ROM is selected. I guess if the author of Moonshell is dead set against piracy then I can still see this being an issue. You would think emulators would also come under this category running pirated ROMs from moonshell but who knows, it's all a grey area.

Anyway back to my attempts at getting this working:

I was thinking that if we replace Tajiu's loaders with Normmatt's then we can resurrect MAIO while still respecting Taiju's wishes to keep his work buried. Unfortunately, I do not know exactly how all of these loaders work and fumbling around isn't getting me anywhere. The extlink folder has nds.inilink.nds and nds.mshl2wrap.nds as well as .ini files for both of these. I am not even sure how much of the extlink folder was Taiju's work and how much was other peoples. Re-naming nds.inilink.nds to _vh.inilink.nds and _hn.inilink.nds to get it working with the latest akaio was my only contribution and I discovered that by accident so I’m about as useful as tits on a bull when it comes to all of this.

As far as getting child zwai working, I have not idea what was done to 2.1 to make it work much less attempt to patch the child zwai version.

So rant over, if no one has anything else to offer I guess I will just stick to my own version of 2.1b9 running ROMs. At least it still works with akAIO 1.8.6a

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how responsive Normmatt would be to updating his loader, but I think it's not updated because of 'security' (AKAIO on AceKard only) reasons.

I don't know much about how things work, but I would think that you could have the loader be a 'generic' loader that only passes on info to AKAIO and tells it to boot the 'alternate' way. For example:
Normal Boot -> Any checks AKAIO does -> Load GUI -> await user input
Loader Boot -> Any checks AKAIO does -> Read loader info -> play game

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:
I was thinking that if we replace Tajiu's loaders with Normmatt's then we can resurrect MAIO while still respecting Taiju's wishes to keep his work buried. Unfortunately, I do not know exactly how all of these loaders work and fumbling around isn't getting me anywhere. The extlink folder has nds.inilink.nds and nds.mshl2wrap.nds as well as .ini files for both of these. I am not even sure how much of the extlink folder was Taiju's work and how much was other peoples. Re-naming nds.inilink.nds to _vh.inilink.nds and _hn.inilink.nds to get it working with the latest akaio was my only contribution and I discovered that by accident so I’m about as useful as tits on a bull when it comes to all of this.

As far as getting child zwai working, I have not idea what was done to 2.1 to make it work much less attempt to patch the child zwai version.
Taiju made all of the extlink stuff for MAIO, as well as the alternative loader. As for what was done in 2.10b9 in order to get it to work, the same crack was applied to the overlay.dll because that was the last occurrence of the bug that was exploited in order to allow commercial ROMs to be run directly from Moonshell2, meaning that you would only need a loader to play the files. Since Child Zwai and 2.10 stable both don't have the bug anymore, there is no way to get Moonshell2 to run commercial ROMs (I believe it may be checking if the nds file has a legitimate gameID as opposed to the great "####" that most, if not all homebrew usually have) and thus Taiju's original idea that he began with was to create small homebrew forwarders that would send the correct information to the extlink.dat, thus bypassing the block that was set in place. This idea was mshl2wrap.nds and then it was later expanded to inilink.nds which can support multiple flashcarts. The reason why MAIO still works is because AKAIO hasn't changed the way it handles autobooting .nds files, and since inilink.nds is just changing the ini files to match the extlink data, there shouldn't be any problems unless the AKAIO team changes something.

As for Normmatt updating the MS2loader, there isn't much point unless someone decides to spend the time to break Moonshell2 and prevent it from checking the .nds file before it is run, otherwise it would just be a homebrew loader that uses AKAIO to load it, which can already be accomplished with inilink (that few have anyways).

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You bumped a fairly old thread to ask a fairly lame question. Possibly you should try using google better, or just reading about nds homebrew in general, or possibly even reading.

First is to clear up something. Unless it's something like r0mloader.nds, taihen.nds, flashme or another thing along those lines, homebrew will pretty much NEVER do jack shit to your flashcart. Either it works, it doesn't work, it halfway works, or it halfway works and fucks up every file on your microSD.
Also, if you are planning on bumping a not so recent post, at least try to read the fucking thread because if you didn't notice, the thread is talking about MS2 on an acekard ._. ...Despite the fact that there are multiple threads about moonshell2, two or so threads that are well made and pretty much specifically for any and all dealings with moonshell2 as well as an acekard/moonshell2 combination, of which you seemingly missed, I shall help you with your problem.

It works. Google tells me so. I tell me so. My DS that uses it tells me so. EVERY FUCKING PERSON THAT HAS NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THEIR AK BRICKING BECAUSE OF MS2 TELLS ME SO. All in all, just read a little more, pay a little more attention, and remember that unless it is meant to do something bad or risky, homebrew isn't going to kill your flashcart.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
that was pretty harsh for someone who is only 5 posts old.

in the time it took you to rant on him you could have provided constructive help to his inability to search and even provided for him some useful information.

one of the biggest complaints gbatemp receives from the scene is how rude our members are to new posters.

-another world

loco365

Trophies
XP
PokemonTrainer? said:
thanks man. question does this work on acekard 2i. im scared because people have said that moonshell 2.10 can brick your acekard 2i. so please any help will be appreciated.
Well, no. Moonshell won't brick your DS. I've used Moonshell a few times on my AK2i and had no issues (besides making MS not start anymore >_>) at all. Moonshell is completely safe.

Besides, why would people use it if it bricked systems? Sounds pretty stupid if you ask me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff