Hacking Moonshell frustration.

chukitova

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I've signed up here to try see if anyone can please help me understand why moonshell will not work for me. I have an Acekard 2.1 with a 4 gb micro sd, in a DS lite.

I've been running NDS Roms no worries with AIO V1.8.0 for quite some time now. I understand the system fairly well.

I have Installed Moonshell 171 following an online tutorial. Moonshell opens fine on the DS.

I have successfully converted both .VOB's and AVI's to .DPG using batchDPG 1.54 . However, whenever i direct moonshell to play a DPG off the card, both screens go black and the green power light flashes. Nothing else happens and i have to power off the DS.

I have installed the K-lite codec pack and BatchDPG seems to be having no trouble converting the files, but i get nothing but black screens from the ds and the blinking light.

What is wrong with the @#$@%$ thing. I have spend hours messing with this. I have reinstalled moonshell countless times and tried both the Acekard package version and the manual setting for Acekard versions.

Anyone suggest anything? Im at the point of giving up now.

Any help greatly appreciated.

chukitova

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok. I thought i had the most up to date versions of everything!

Thanks for that. I will update both and try again,

Thanks again.

chukitova

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bah!

I downloaded the Moonshell 2.10 package from that link, start the install and after i pick the language and chose the SD for install, i get an error message saying, " ???\moonshl2\extlink\TextEdit?????????????.txt the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect ???????

Is it just a bung version of 2.10 in that link or what?

I've had enough for today.

Moonshell has to be the hardest program i have ever set up. What gives. Nothing i try works.

Legaia

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm sorry for make you pass to the instal process but you only need put the moonshl2(folder) and the moonshl2.nds in the root of your's micro sd try that and tell if works

chukitova

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, finally got it working. I downloaded the second latest version of 2.10 and it installed without a problem. That is, the 2.10 stable version, not the 2.10 child zwai one.

Was not the end of the trouble though, i then found i was getting audio source errors in the top screen when trying to play DPG's. MORE FRUSTRATION!!!

After messing around with it and wasting another few hours of my life i gave up on BatchDPG all together and downloaded super. It takes forever to do a conversion but it can obviously do something that batchDPG cant, and i finally have working DPG's on the DS. I dont know what the deal is with BatchDPG but it certainly could not convert VOBs easily.

Since then, i realised i can convert straight from DVD to DPG using DVDFAB. A program i have had installed the whole $%#@ time! THAT would have saved me some pain! It does a better job than BatchDPG as well. Very simple to use.

Thanks again for the help. Now if i can figure out how to get thumbnails for the DPG's so the kids can pick the movies themselves i can finally put this moonshell project to rest...!

Seriously. It took me a couple of hours to figure out the Wii 4.3 soft mod. This moonshell buisness has been going on for DAYS.

erogami27

Trophies
XP
Country
im also having problems when im running the set up.exe i already copied the folder of moonshl2 and moonshl.nds on the root but an error occurs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i just worked out and i'm feeling great