OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Youtube, credits to Rydian​

Hi,

Maybe some of you are already aware of Moonshell NDS ?
Moonlight wished to port it to the PSP and seems that we have a beta version here to test.
Here is the readme.txt :

MSBフォルダをうまいこと(GAMEフォルダのなかにコピーするとか?)配置してから起動して下さい。

テスト用:ファイルリストのL/Rボタンでフォントサイズ変更

自分用メモ
LibImgBMP: bmp.
LibImgJpeg: jpg, jpe, jpeg.
LibImgPNG: png.
LibImgPSD: psd.
LibSndFLAC: flac.
LibSndG721: 721.
LibSndGME: ay, gbs, gym, hes, kss, nsf, nsfe, sap, spc, vgm, vgz.
LibSndM4A: m4a, mp4, 3gp.
LibSndMDX: mdx.
LibSndMIDI: mid, rcp, r36.
LibSndMOD: 669, amf, dsm, far, gdm, it, imf, med, m15, mod, mtm, okt, stm, stx, s3m, ult, uni, xm.
LibSndMP3: mp1, mp2, mp3, dpg.
LibSndOGG: ogg.
LibSndTTA: tta.
LibSndWAV: wav.
LibSndWMA: wma.
二文字拡張子のファイルは開けるのかな…。アナログパッドとデジタルパッドの使い分けセンスがわからない…。普通のPFPゲームはどんな感じで使ってるんだろねー。

Source
Moonshell PSP (aka MSB) v1.00 20111222 (Filetrip)

Thanks to avenir for the heads up and Rydian for the youtube. ;)

Reactions: ignare

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Works for me. MSB goes in /PSP/GAME/ (not sure if it's signed, I'm on CFW).
As the readme says it only picks up on files in the root of the MicroSD right now,

Not sure which UI it's modeled after... as all I can see right now is a list of the files and some extra info when played. It looks like it'll have it's own style, given the increased resolution and different aspect ratio of the PSP's screen (and there being only one screen).

EDIT:
201110130446001.png

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
hmm? I though moonshell was for DS because there wasn't way to play music and videos with it and also moonshell looked really cool. PSP can do this already and original GUI isn't ugly either.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hmm? I though moonshell was for DS because there wasn't way to play music and videos with it and also moonshell looked really cool. PSP can do this already and original GUI isn't ugly either.
But it is limited in it's format support. Moonshell will presumably be less so when it is more developed (already it might even support more formats audio wise).

Does it support video (yet)?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah even as it is it appears to support many more formats than the default software... I mean it supports all sorts of tracker formats (MOD, S3M, XM, OT), PSD files, and even video game chiptune rips, SNES, Genesis, GB/C, NES, and I don't know the others off-hand.

The download came with a lot of various video, audio, and a few picture formats, I just only copied a few audio to do the test/screenshot because I don't like to clutter the root of my memory stick.

Good to hear that it's signed and works on OFW. i'm using the 6.60 CIPL and forgot that I lost the Select-OFW toggle with that move.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
According to this tweet exchanged with moonlight, popsdeco has managed to add the .mp3 support to MSB : http://twitter.com/#...107504294887425 B-)

readme_en.txt
LibSndMPG123 for MSB (aka MoonShell PSP)

This library adds MP1/2/3 playback feature to MSB.

How to build:
1. Obtain MSB then expand sources.zip.
2. Copy LibSndMPG123 folder to R4000/src/LibSnd/.
3. (If you modify the folder) Chdir to R4000/src/LibSnd/LibSndMPG123/ then execute "make" to get libsndmpg123.a.
4. Add to R4000/src/LibSnd/LibSnd.cpp:LibSnd_Init():
---
extern TLibSnd_Interface* LibSndMPG123_GetInterface(void);
pInterface=LibSndMPG123_GetInterface();
LibSnd_Init_inc_Regist(pInterface,"mp1");
LibSnd_Init_inc_Regist(pInterface,"mp2");
LibSnd_Init_inc_Regist(pInterface,"mp3");
---
5. Add to Makefile:
---
LIBS += $(SourcePath)/LibSnd/LibSndMPG123/libsndmpg123.a
---
6. execute "make" to obtain EBOOT.PBP, and enjoy.

Notes:
1. To build MSB on Unix, you need to fix the source code (to resolve the case) using
find -name "*.c" -or -name "*.cpp" -or -name "*.h"|xargs sed -i "s/MemTools\.h/memtools\.h/"
find -name "*.c" -or -name "*.cpp" -or -name "*.h"|xargs sed -i "s/Ap4tag\.h/Ap4Tag\.h/"

2. If Proc_FileList.cpp says
static char LastBootFolderName[256]="ms0:/text";
you must modify it to
static char LastBootFolderName[256]="ms0:/";
otherwise (without ms0:/text) MSB will show black screen.

3. To encrypt MSB properly, it seems you need fix-relocations.
http://wololo.net/ta...tart=250#p21345 (it includes source code and win32 binary)
Attached fix-relocations.c in case that archive is no longer available.
My build.mak is also attached.

4. It seems libpspsystemctrl_kernel.a is OK with both M33 SDK and PROCFW libs one.

5. To resolve sceImposeGet/SetParam() on 6.39, perhaps you need to overwrite R4000/src/libs/sceHelper.cpp.

If someone is able to build this bin, i will be glad to test it. ^_^

DominoBright

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://twitter.com/#...878028842479616

I'm assuming a new version as I actually haven't tried it yet.

EDIT: Given the amount of different test files, I can see this being pretty neat. However, my main intention for using this would be for video game music files, and given what I've tested, it's clear that this Moonshell is in its early stages. .vgz files (SEGA Genesis) wouldn't play, even though the music note icon appeared. When testing an .nsf file (NES), the music played, but I couldn't find a way to go to the next track (without possibly skipping the song ahead, which I didn't do, so I'm probably wrong on that). .spc files (SNES) worked great though, so that's something I can use to save space on my 3DS, although I'm hoping for .rsn support so that PSP space won't suffer.

Also, sad to say, but while having .mp3 support serves as a convenience alongside other files that you would want to play, the XMB does that job better. You can fast forward, well, faster, and when a track finishes, it goes to the next one, while on Moonshell, it just stops. It also does that for short .spc files, so I imagine that it does so for other music files as well. Still, like I said, it's in its early stages so I shouldn't expect much right away. What is a surprise though is that the .spc files that loop appear to take a VERY long time to end, so I'm happy about that.

On a different note, when playing live albums in .mp3 format, the XMB has an advantage over the 3DS's music player in that there is no silence between tracks. Pretty nifty.

DominoBright

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he read the thread, that's interesting. Genesis music now has the timer showing, but it still won't play. Not sure if what I have doesn't work or what, but those files play in foobar just fine so that can't be it. Otherwise it's the same as before.

...or not. Quick edit here as I forgot to mention it. When testing the Contra .nsf file, it still played just the first track, which was the game's intro, and as it didn't loop, it ended and went into the first track of Gimmick's .nsf file, which was Stage 5 of that game. ...Wait a minute. From Contra to Gimmick? So I tried a .spc file that didn't loop, and once it finished, it also went into the next track. Nice! So I can assume it now does that for all tracks, including .mp3 files. Gonna check for gaps between .mp3 and .flac tracks now...

...and there's a bit of silence present in .mp3s. Not too much though, and it seems to go into the next song immediately anyway. Guess it's because I'm using a variable bitrate. The VBR thing could be the cause of another problem: it doesn't have the correct track length for the .mp3s, although they do play to the end correctly. .flac files are a different story. They show the correct time, and go to the next track without a gap of silence. Understandably, the fast-forward speed for the much larger .flac files is considerably slower than with .mp3s. So, while the XMB is still better for just .mp3s, Moonshell just got one heck of an upgrade in that regard, and overall this is a great improvement. Thanks for the link!

As for the .nsf files, a looping track seems to go on longer than the track length would have you believe. Maybe it doesn't stop after all.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Palom : http://twitter.com/#!/moonshellnds/status/130224097610313728 :(

Moonlight is not able to read this thread, his english is too weak for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH