Homebrew Moonshell2.0beta5(english)

should we boycott the m3 and perhaps even ban M3 news from GBAtemp?

• Yes Boycot and ban them for what they did

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just Boycot them

• Neither

• Total voters

Ballistic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly, I would very much like to flame you so much for your inability to experiment and/or think for yourself. Judging from the posts you've made in thus forum.
smile.gif

DatVietDude said:
HBR boot sector=8192 RD=16384 RE=0 Resize=32
Detect FAT32
Shell Fat foppn (I really don't know what that mean) Data=/MOONSHL2/LOGBUF.TXT

Anyone know how to fix this? It stuck here and does nothing else...
And what does LOGBUF.TXT say? Did you use the DLDI patched Moonshell for R4?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I am callin out all who did skinning on sakura: let's start it on Moonshell.

I made first step in boycotting M3 By taking my borrowed CycloDS and giving my M3 into loan instead (both are mine, but now i use cyclo)

I checked for sanity checking how different was sakura skin and moonshell skin files in the skin tool, and answer: not a awful lot.

I am currently making a Blue sakura moonshell conversion (i will remove few places where M3 is mentioned on the skin) - I am not skinner but i cry for more in Moonshell; only thing i hope my effort will put out is more REAL skinners coming up with skins.

a2h

Trophies
XP
Country
JereTHEend said:
I am callin out all who did skinning on sakura: let's start it on Moonshell.

I made first step in boycotting M3 By taking my borrowed CycloDS and giving my M3 into loan instead (both are mine, but now i use cyclo)

I checked for sanity checking how different was sakura skin and moonshell skin files in the skin tool, and answer: not a awful lot.

I am currently making a Blue sakura moonshell conversion (i will remove few places where M3 is mentioned on the skin) - I am not skinner but i cry for more in Moonshell; only thing i hope my effort will put out is more REAL skinners coming up with skins.
I did a conversion of the skin already yesterday. How bout I upload it.

http://cid-531bd5d7cebb320c.skydrive.live..../sakurablue.skn

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
QUOTE said:

DAMN YOUU, my 15 minute project is now ruined..!

Gah, i continue with mine, see how good i can photoshop some parts (at moment, i could shop empty dialog box for delete message, get the M3 out from settings window, remove text and the lower save info box from launch info pad, and something else, i dunno)

Okay, i made everything, all image size fixes, and now i just get error for sake of erroring, nice Question mark line tell me what the problem is, doesn't it also to you (I.E. Stuck, and my skin project is error'd for nothing)

DatVietDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ballistic said:
Firstly, I would very much like to flame you so much for your inability to experiment and/or think for yourself. Judging from the posts you've made in thus forum.
smile.gif

And what does LOGBUF.TXT say? Did you use the DLDI patched Moonshell for R4?
I DLDI patched it already but it still won't work....

LOGBUF.TXT FILE
????????MoonShell2?????????????
???????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????

?????????????????????????????
logbuf.txt??????????????????????

a2h

Trophies
XP
Country
DatVietDude said:
wolfmanz51 said:
perhaps it just wont run on a R4 clone

Well, I went back to an old version and it was working up until now... Now all it says is "Can not found moonshl folder"
Hey... did you read the error message?

wolfmanz51

MrNintendosense
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
JereTHEend said:
QUOTE said:

DAMN YOUU, my 15 minute project is now ruined..!

Gah, i continue with mine, see how good i can photoshop some parts (at moment, i could shop empty dialog box for delete message, get the M3 out from settings window, remove text and the lower save info box from launch info pad, and something else, i dunno)

Okay, i made everything, all image size fixes, and now i just get error for sake of erroring, nice Question mark line tell me what the problem is, doesn't it also to you (I.E. Stuck, and my skin project is error'd for nothing)
are you using my second release of moonshell2b5 or the first?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
@Wolfman

Second one.

And the problem is not in moonshell, but in the skinning tool, skin by a2h Works, but there are few ugly flowers (and sake of moonlight, i wanted to remove ALL things that say it is sakure/M3) here and there.

I (photo)shopped everything i wanted pretty good, but the ????? error is bugging me, i do not have any image resolution problems, nothing, but it just won't compile it, it will compile the japan default skin though...

Ballistic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Argh, I had a similar problem to this but I forgot how I fix it. But why not use the jpn skin patcher instead, I don't see any difference really. That's what I'm doing, because I hate those control manuals in the english one
tongue.gif

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Update on my project:

I am trying to figure out what part of my files make the Skin maker go ballistic.

I am fixing also the media player backround - my first successful compile was the media controls, but the backround needs to be modified because sakura and moonshell2 have the media controls in different place...

I found now possible reason for it: BMP files saved by photoshop, possibly also PNG files.

EDIT2: found it out, resaved all photoshop edited bitmaps and compile works now - i fix still few things and skin should be ready...

EDIT3: only two things left; my version of skin is now stripped all affiliation with words "M3" or "Sakura" - there are graphic mishaps in media player still, looking to fix those. I won't upload my version until it's Better in all areas where a2h's version failed

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Okay, here it comes.

"Blue Blossom" Skin for Moonshell2 (aka. Sakura ripoff of magnificent greatness)

a2h did his, what was first port on moonshell.

What it has more than ah2 sakura?:

- Fixed video player backround
- Fixed Top screen help screen (now plain one what shows moonshell controls, and not sakura's)
- Tried to make settings screen look nicer, Missing on good text color though (help appreciated)
- MP3 controls are same with default skin (looks nicer this way, if you cannot fix it, leave it, *looks at a2h*)

Few other stuff:
I left the initial setup screen same as it is in default skin, this way it will not break it anyway, and i bet that many users put the initial setup screen off after first boot.

One thing left is the glow that buttons make in video player, i tried to see how to modify them but for life of me, couldn't.

Compared to a2h it is not radical, but better, also included the skin folder, I pass the torch to one who can finalize it, if willing.

BlueBlossom.skn - 0.31MB - the skin
BluBlossom.zip - 3.27MB - The Source

... hope you like it
smile.gif

EDIT:
Oncoming in near future: Few more text removals in skin from places where moonshell inserts it's own text (bookmark menu) - and also text colors. I hope i can update it soon!

Guitar1969

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using this Beta 5 but I get an error screen when it first boots up - Top screen has a bunch of Chinese writing , and then bottom screen says "An error was detected when trying to access the ROM file" but it doesn't tell me the ROM file, and there is also a bunch of Chinese writing on that screen as well, and saying to made sure the DLDI patch was run correctly(But the Cyclo is auto patchin) After that it seems to boot correctly. I think it might be DSOrganize as the rom won't run from within Moonshell 2(But I can run it from the Cyclo loader fine) I tried manually paching it, but still no luck. Is anybody else running DSOgganize along with Moonshell 2

Also, is there a way to get rid of all of the foreign writing on the startup screens? - I'm running the Red theme.

Thanks,

OneMichael

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
atomicat.com
XP
Country
Canada
I believe DSOrganize has problems loading certain programs. DragonMinded has a wiki where he mentions something about boot loaders and MightyMax or something. I wasn't paying attention.
Personally, I load everything straight from CycloDS, and it works fine.

In the DSOrganize settings, there's some option to change the homebrew loader. I believe it's set to 'Chishm' by default. Try playing with that.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
@Guitar:
What i got is: Moonshell 2 won't run one particular homebrew file, and what is call "no shit".

Moonshell2 has exact same problem, and even more with same homebrew as sakura; some of them won't just work, oh, and thank for M3 and their Sakura plan for moonlight not being in DS scene anymore, and only one who can fix stuff in Moonshell2 is someone who pics up the source and developes it further.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ken so your saying there is a chance? Lol