Gaming More Resident Evil Games for Switch?

Onibi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can we get a RE3 remake? I would love to see Nemesis in HD.

I am certain we will. First they are gonna test the water with RE2 thou :ph34r:. No sense in investing too much unless ya know it sells. Also probably can reuse the engine then.

But be careful with what you hope for ... who knows what they come up with :glare:.

Reactions: Deathscreton

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm more hype about 2 so I'm glad we're getting that first.
Just hoping they wont fuck it up somehow. It should be just about impossible to fuck up since they already have the foundation set up, but I never trust CapCom.
Don't get me wrong, RE2 was the pinnicle of the series. RE3 just built on top of it. But I completely understand. If RE2 comes out with some weird third person over the shoulder perspective, I will literally not scream, but be very disappointed. inb4 they tie in MH:World into the RE universe.

Reactions: Shadowfied

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't get me wrong, RE2 was the pinnicle of the series. RE3 just built on top of it. But I completely understand. If RE2 comes out with some weird third person over the shoulder perspective, I will literally not scream, but be very disappointed. inb4 they tie in MH:World into the RE universe.
Inb4 its the Umbrella Corps engine and gameplay (I wanna punch the fucker who thought that was a good idea)

RE7 was a good step forward. I'd be ecstatic if next game was like the old games but played like RE7. More puzzling and shit.

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually kinda surprised RE4 isn't already on the Switch. They port that shit to everything.

Also, it saddens me that PC never got RE:CV HD :(
You know what would be really funny? RE:Survivor. :rofl2::nayps3:

Offtopic: btw mods, can we get an angry emoticon stomping on a switch? I need it because BoTW's Yiga Clan hideout level is bullshit.

Onibi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If RE2 comes out with some weird third person over the shoulder perspective, I will literally not scream, but be very disappointed. inb4 they tie in MH:World into the RE universe.

Sadly, I think by now it is clear that we will get an OTS camera and that typewriters will be gone too. Honestly, I was expecting as much. They have closed the book on traditional resident evil elements by know. They think it's not cool and people prefer action over what we consider survival horror.

What I am worried is that chests will also be gone, and that ammo management will no longer matter either. Essentially making it a light weight easy shooter with constant healing ability - basically RE4. Potentially even easier.

Even with all that, what I am terrified about is that they do not get even the basic feel of the game right and try to remix it. If I look at RE6 or RE7 I am extremely worried that influences of these games and design elements will find their way into the game.

One thing is clear to me: We will not get a Remake like the original RE remake (man, was that good!). I think we will get a re-imagination at best. Hopefully a good one ...

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-...ident-evil-2-remake-details-leaked-via-4chan/

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, I think by now it is clear that we will get an OTS camera and that typewriters will be gone too. Honestly, I was expecting as much. They have closed the book on traditional resident evil elements by know. They think it's not cool and people prefer action over what we consider survival horror.

What I am worried is that chests will also be gone, and that ammo management will no longer matter either. Essentially making it a light weight easy shooter with constant healing ability - basically RE4. Potentially even easier.

Even with all that, what I am terrified about is that they do not get even the basic feel of the game right and try to remix it. If I look at RE6 or RE7 I am extremely worried that influences of these games and design elements will find their way into the game.

One thing is clear to me: We will not get a Remake like the original RE remake (man, was that good!). I think we will get a re-imagination at best. Hopefully a good one ...

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-...ident-evil-2-remake-details-leaked-via-4chan/

What? No crocodile or proper fixed camera? Burn it. /s All jokes aside, I'd like a proper remaster, but this one doesnt' seem like too bad of a re-imagination. I might fly with it.

Reactions: Onibi

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I just really want to play the HD Remaster on the go. Hell, I even made a concept box art for it:
22D66CBC-BF65-49F0-96F1-B7CB72BDEB2A.png

I can see how there might be some issues with pick-up-and-play aspects though, since one of the challenges in Resident Evil is not being able to save your progress whenever you want, and the main selling point of the Switch is being able to pause and pick up where you left off. So unless you constantly keep the game running in sleep mode, there could be a conflict of concepts.

Resident Evil 4 on the go with the Wii control style adapted for the Joy-Cons would be an absolute blast. Even if they simply ported the Wii version with updated graphics, I'd still buy it. I mean, it's definitely going to be better than the mobile phone port of the game.

Last edited by NekoMichi,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played all Resident evils, but I only finished 1, 4, 5 and 2 more which I don't even remember the name, I think they were on Dreamcast. One of them was like a shooting game which was kinda crappy.

But the worse is really the 6, raccoon city and umbrella corps was a god damn joke.

I have RE7 on PC and it's awesome, but I'm still to finish. I also have revelations on my 360 and 3ds but never finished them though they are pretty good too.

Onibi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't even remember the name, I think they were on Dreamcast. One of them was like a shooting game which was kinda crappy.

One was clearly code veronica.
The other was likely survivor or the later rails shooter umbrella chronicles (not DC thou)

UC btw. was sorta fun for a spin-off on the WII. RE4 was great on the Wii as well with those controls. So at least with a RE2 remake with OTS we will get that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just really want to play the HD Remaster on the go. Hell, I even made a concept box art for it:
View attachment 117794
I can see how there might be some issues with pick-up-and-play aspects though, since one of the challenges in Resident Evil is not being able to save your progress whenever you want, and the main selling point of the Switch is being able to pause and pick up where you left off. So unless you constantly keep the game running in sleep mode, there could be a conflict of concepts.

Resident Evil 4 on the go with the Wii control style adapted for the Joy-Cons would be an absolute blast. Even if they simply ported the Wii version with updated graphics, I'd still buy it. I mean, it's definitely going to be better than the mobile phone port of the game.

Ah I feel ya. The remake was sooooo goood. I remember playing it until I was running through a house with invisible enemies, a chasing self-detonating zombie and unconnected boxes. GREAT freaking times ... :D

Private message from Mr. Mikami :bow:

About the saving :( I would still prefer it. Like make it a mode, that's easy enough to implement for the core fans. I interrupt most games with sleep, and not some kind of quick save anyway. I mean switch normally deep sleeps anyway and does not power of :) Again, just do it for the fans, it would cost literally nothing to add such a mode :( Similar to not connected boxes in RE :D

Agreed on RE4, wii version was the bomb to play :) I am even a bit said we didn't get the IR (or other pointer) support.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i believe RE4 was the last good one besides 7 i heard 5 and 6 are quite iffy
First, RE7 IS NOT a true Resident Evil. You saw Chris' DLC? Its a fucking CoD clone. And the storyplot? Ridicolous. Main character is empty and nobody, he can cure a drilled hand without a scream and control a virus (where he get it??) with mind?? For who have a bit of common-sense know that virus and cells controls mind and everything in human body, and not viceversa >_>) Those stupid spiritual stuff in a realistic, biology franchise like RE? Hell no.
(Main character thought his wife was dead, find her after 3 years of this belief and just say "Ah, you're live" Who the heck are the retarded that wrote this stupid, no-sense script?? Even a kid can't write these bullshits) RE saga is al about bio-terrorism and corporation, not about a pathetic mad man trapped in a crambling mansion (where he hide a laboratory in a such small house? Watch the majestic mansion of RE1 and see the difference)
Revelation 2 is stupid (kids that can posses other bodies?? Are you kidding??) and storyplot its just cloned from Code Veronica (kidnapped Claire on prison island, c'mon -.-)
The last true Resident Evil was 4, and 5 because complete the story (villains did franchise/brand; so if Wesker is dead, RE is over)

Last edited by Lord M,
Reactions: GentlemanPotato

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Why did you say that ? What did he do ??:creep:

Nothing. He is just my favourite character to play. And he is cool! Thats all.
maxresdefault.jpg

Look! He's a monster. Seriously look at his eyes on the RE5 model haha, he has seen some shit

There are so many cool characters in 5 and you choose Chris? :P
Playing Jill is awesome, too bad you can't do it in the main game

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maxresdefault.jpg

Look! He's a monster. Seriously look at his eyes on the RE5 model haha, he has seen some shit

There are so many cool characters in 5 and you choose Chris? :P
Playing Jill is awesome, too bad you can't do it in the main game

Precisely. Thats what made me excited. Jill ? BLEH! He is awesome!!! :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i just worked out and i'm feeling great