Moving Files

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am trying to create a new partition on my laptop HDD and there are files near the end of the drive that prevent me from creating anything bigger than a gig or so. Does anyone know a program that will move these files for me? I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit, if that helps.

Solution
Defraggler moves all files to the begining of the drive. It's a defragmenting program, will move the files physical locations. Assuming you don't have system files over there (You might) it should do what you need it to. (Takes a long time)

First it moves them to the end to organize them at the begining in a better way, May take 6 hours or more, I run it while i sleep.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Defraggler moves all files to the begining of the drive. It's a defragmenting program, will move the files physical locations. Assuming you don't have system files over there (You might) it should do what you need it to. (Takes a long time)

First it moves them to the end to organize them at the begining in a better way, May take 6 hours or more, I run it while i sleep.

Solution

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I recommend using "MiniTool Partition Wizard" ( Home Edition ) it's free.
You decide how you want your partitions, then apply them, when it shrinks the first partition (which it does to make place for the new partition) it automatically moves all the data to the right partition, works great!

(Another freeware, which looks the same and does the same is "EASEUS Partition Master", used it before i found the first one i mentioned since minitool partition wizard has more options for Linux partitions)

Both of them looks like they're based on the application "partion magic" but they do more stuff in the free editions

http://www.partitionwizard.com/download.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1