OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I am planning of jailbreaking my Nintendo Wii, and Mplayer CE seems to be a nice media player software. I was wondering if normal USB keyboards were detected and functional under it. I cannot test it right now as I have to borrow Twilight Princess to a friend, but I was wondering if my cheapo USB remote (here) would possibly work with it.

It is detected as a USB keyboard, and works fine under Windows XP and Ubuntu 8.10, it would just be a matter of configuring the input.conf according to each buttons on it (ie: the "Pause" button actually send the Ctrl+P keypress, etc).

Oh and I was also wondering if the Wii WiFi network adapter was working within Mplayer CE.

Thanks a lot!

m-p{3}

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
May I ask why are you using an USB remote? Isn't wiimote good enough? It's certainly better looking, at least.. Works straight out of the box, guaranteed.
biggrin.gif

And just a tip: This community does not jailbreak. These people "hack", sofmod, exploit, or just plain install things. Then we make a guide and give it a name featuring the double ii. Oh my.

m-p{3}

OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
I just want to do it because I can
biggrin.gif

I was just curious, and thanks for the quick reply. I'll probably give it a try anyway and post back the results.

I'll go with softmod from now on, but I still consider it a jailbreak because of being no longer locked by Nintendo authorization of what I should do with my Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong