yay p1ngpong.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I made these using Pro/Desktop 8 which I got for free from school. When I render it, it looks crap so I'll leave it as 'Enhanced Wireframe'. This took me about 2 hours to make and is my first proper model.
viewsmergedoptja7.png

If anyone wants the model file I can host it here or you can email it me. I'll probably post it in IGES but Pro/Desktop can export as a few other filetypes as well.
I know none of the corners on the model are rounded but I need to do my biology homework now. I'm pretty pleased with what I've got so far though.

Please comment,
- Sam

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cool model, I had to use pro desktop in tech quite a lot too, it's a nice bit of kit and you can even simulate the movement of mechanisms.

Did you make the cartridge as one whole object or as seperate pieces and then join them together? Cos if you're gonna be using it for coursework and stuff once you get the hang of pro desktop start designing the pieces as seperate objects and then you can import all the pieces and join them together. You can also align the pieces to an axis and create an exploded diagram which is dead handy for showing how the product is made and helps to pad your coursework out a bit more. ^^

smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, If it's so shitty, why don't you clean it up. :tpi: