Misc My DS cannot connect to my WIFI:(

junkerde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
manually add ip/gateway/dns settings, ds's are known to be picky about wifi, it sucks i could never connect it to my wifi, but the wii, ps3 and 360 i could. ds just sucks really bad at wifi connecting, just pure luck in my case, but yeah try manually inputing

munchlax:)

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
junkerde said:
manually add ip/gateway/dns settings, ds's are known to be picky about wifi, it sucks i could never connect it to my wifi, but the wii, ps3 and 360 i could. ds just sucks really bad at wifi connecting, just pure luck in my case, but yeah try manually inputing
oh how do i begin doing it??

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Masked Ranger said:
What is the security of your router at home? Are you using a DS, or something from the DSi family?
I'm not sure how to check e security actually:( Sadly, I ain't very I.T. savvy:( Yeah I'm using a DS lite, does which generation of DS affect e WIFI connection??

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
The DS Lite can only connect to networks where the security is WEP or lower. As WEP is pretty old and pretty crap, you home network is probably WPA or WPA2. You'll need to access your router through your computer and change your security to either WEP or off.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
BlueStar said:
The DS Lite can only connect to networks where the security is WEP or lower. As WEP is pretty old and pretty crap, you home network is probably WPA or WPA2. You'll need to access your router through your computer and change your security to either WEP or off.
Oh then if i do so, does all e laptops that can connect to my home router need to change the settings too?? to continue accessing the router that has changes to it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3