Gaming My hopes for pokemon switch

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope it will be a series of games from gen 1 to gen 7 with the capability to transfer your pokemon from a game to another, so it will be like playing sequel

If you want to play the gen 2 for exemple, you need to have played gen 1, why? Because the level of pokemon you had in gen 1 will be adjusted, for exemple, between level 1 and 10, it will go to level 1 in gen 2, if it was between level 11 and 20, it will be level 2, etc

You will be able to trade pokemon online, but if for example you trade a poke,on you captured in gen 1, you trade it from gen 2 at level 25, to a gen 1, it will depend on which level it was at the end of gen1, but the guy who will receive it in gen 1 will receive it at like level 75, you understand?

I really hope they make a series of pokemon games that really are sequel

Reactions: PolloDiablo

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope they go back to Kanto and the first 151 Pokemon. No more new monsters please, we have lost the count.

Your idea sounds awesome, but instead on the archaic way of transferring Pokemon between the games... just make a single one, and then release expansions.
- First release - Kanto region
- First expansion - Johto region
- Second expansion - Hoenn region

The level balancing problem could be easily fix with a level cap system for gyms and the elite 4. For example, the 1st gym has Lv 10 pokemon... if yours are higher, they go back to ten for that battle. That way you can balance the difficulty of the game... no more mashing the A button with your starter to finish the main game, now you have to actually use strategy to win.

ken95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No Kanto remakes. Enough with the pandering already! :hateit:
If anything Diamond/Pearl/Platinum need a remake.
I don't think the all regions in one game is possible. Technically it is but they will have to make changes. And you know GameFreak...

Reactions: frogboy and Tumoche

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope they go back to Kanto and the first 151 Pokemon. No more new monsters please, we have lost the count.

Your idea sounds awesome, but instead on the archaic way of transferring Pokemon between the games... just make a single one, and then release expansions.

The level balancing problem could be easily fix with a level cap system for gyms and the elite 4. For example, the 1st gym has Lv 10 pokemon... if yours are higher, they go back to ten for that battle. That way you can balance the difficulty of the game... no more mashing the A button with your starter to finish the main game, now you have to actually use strategy to win.

Or in each region you start with a new set of Pokémon, like in the anime and after beating the league you can access your pokemon from the other regions which you've caught.

PolloDiablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or in each region you start with a new set of Pokémon, like in the anime and after beating the league you can access your pokemon from the other regions which you've caught.
That's even better. That way you incentivate players to use the pokemon of each region.

Reactions: Langin

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

na no expansions at first. Id like a large pokemon game in the scope of xenoblade x or zelda breath of the wild. after the single large game is done then expansions come. The expansions have to add actual land to go to not just quests or new pokemon. it has to expand the original map. Id say lets aim for larger then xenoblade x for the initial game. switch has plenty of ram. Wii u only had 1 gb for games... and maybe no more cell Shading?

Last edited by Captain_N,

PolloDiablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
na no expansions at first. Id like a large pokemon game in the scope of xenoblade x or zelda breath of the wild. after the single large game is done then expansions come. The expansions have to add actual land to go to not just quests or new pokemon. it has to expand the original map. Id say lets aim for larger then xenoblade x for the initial game. switch has plenty of ram. Wii u only had 1 gb for games... and maybe no more cell Shading?
What's up with everyone wanting open world games nowadays? I get it's cool and everything, but that doesn't mean everything must have an open world. It would be awesome... but sadly Game Freak is not that big of a development studio, I don't think they would be able to handle that scope of a game. But maybe they could spice things up doing incremental updates on the same game.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's up with everyone wanting open world games nowadays? I get it's cool and everything, but that doesn't mean everything must have an open world. It would be awesome... but sadly Game Freak is not that big of a development studio, I don't think they would be able to handle that scope of a game. But maybe they could spice things up doing incremental updates on the same game.

It dont have to be open world. Id just like for it to be as large or larger then xenoblade x

Reactions: jpx86

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe Xenoblade is big enough to be considered an open world game :unsure:. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Its open world because there is no boundaries. Xenoblade chronicles on the wii was not open world. There were clear doors that lead to another area like in monster hunter. You can have a huge non open world game. Open world does fit the pokemon formula. take a bus to other cities fly on a legendary to a city...

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
what an awnful idea OP the reason of diferent gens is showing you new pokemons if you had a charizard from gen 1 and started on gem 2, even a level five charizard would destroy anything until the first gym since a final evolution stats would be much higher than a caterpie or pidgey, stats are a thing and even if final evolutions get leveled down you would destroy anything and the game would be beyond easy lol.

No Kanto remakes. Enough with the pandering already! :hateit:
If anything Diamond/Pearl/Platinum need a remake.
I don't think the all regions in one game is possible. Technically it is but they will have to make changes. And you know GameFreak...
what you say makes no sence kanto only had 1 remake(sure it appears on soul silver/heartgold but thats isnt kanto story its a agem2 remake) and the kanto remake was on gba without online modes, you can just grab your 3ds and play daimond,pearl and platinium right off the bat while you cant play fire red and leaf green at all unless you go 1 gem behind on consoles( and dsi doesnt even pay gba games)

remakes should be made to the games not being playable on current consoles.

you can play daimond pearl plation on current 3ds,new3ds,2ds,new 2ds.

you cant play fire red,leaf green

heck the first gem is the only noone playable gem on current hardware since 2nd gem and 3rd gem all got remakes that run on 3ds family still.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ability to see other players walking around when online and communicate/duel/trade. Gen 1 and 2 Pokes. Several different sets of AI behavior depending on the type of character it is. Dynamic enemy Pokemon levels/abilities. Mostly open-world with environmental interactions and a Pokemon Snap mini-game. Custom ruleset runs.

If they added all this it'd be one of the greatest RPGs of all time.

Last edited by Xzi,

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what an awnful idea OP the reason of diferent gens is showing you new pokemons if you had a charizard from gen 1 and started on gem 2, even a level five charizard would destroy anything until the first gym since a final evolution stats would be much higher than a caterpie or pidgey, stats are a thing and even if final evolutions get leveled down you would destroy anything and the game would be beyond easy lol.

what you say makes no sence kanto only had 1 remake(sure it appears on soul silver/heartgold but thats isnt kanto story its a agem2 remake) and the kanto remake was on gba without online modes, you can just grab your 3ds and play daimond,pearl and platinium right off the bat while you cant play fire red and leaf green at all unless you go 1 gem behind on consoles( and dsi doesnt even pay gba games)

remakes should be made to the games not being playable on current consoles.

you can play daimond pearl plation on current 3ds,new3ds,2ds,new 2ds.

you cant play fire red,leaf green

heck the first gem is the only noone playable gem on current hardware since 2nd gem and 3rd gem all got remakes that run on 3ds family still.
they are on the eshop if i am no mistakting.
Also no older game is playable on the actual hardware, which is the switch.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
they are on the eshop if i am no mistakting.
Also no older game is playable on the actual hardware, which is the switch.
3ds is stil actual hardware its official supported by nintendo so its not dead system.It has both 1st party and 3rd party games coming for it.
When the company says they arent launching any more first party games is when you can call a system dead.
Wiiu is dead becuase nintendo itself said they wont release anymore games for their own system.

also no you dont have fire red and leaf green on any vc e shop.

you got the official red,gren,blue,yellow on 3ds vc e shop but not the remakes and the gb pokemon games look dated as hell not to mention the bugs like type damages those games have.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

All I ask for is a traditional Pokémon RPG game like the 3DS have loads of but on the Switch in high definition.

Reactions: whateverg1012

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!