War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hey guys! So a while back, I made a blog post asking you all for suggestions on animated movies... I've been watching some, and I thought I'd write little reviews for each. Here's the ones I've watched so far and what I thought of them.

Spirited Away
5/5
A great movie. It was very entertaining, and very creative. It was my first Miyazaki movie, and a great start for me. I loved the characters and the overall feel of the movie, and I'm probably going to watch it again. It was an incredible experience from start to finish, although I wish the ending would have been a little different... maybe the main character finding her way into the spirit world again in the future or something. I dunno, I just wanted her to go back and make sweet love to the dragon.
grog.gif

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
4/5
I think I may have set my expectations up too high from what everyone told me. Don't get me wrong, it was a really good movie, with great visuals. However, I thought the story was a little wonky... Entertaining nontheless. I wish they would have given a little more backstory on the characters though.

Princess Mononoke
4/5
Maybe it was the quality of the torrent I downloaded, or maybe it's just that the movie is old, but I found the visuals to be... sub-par. The sound was also a little weird... but I blame the file quality for that. Although it was a good movie with a good story, I felt bored sometimes. I found myself stopping the movie to do other things, while other movies kept me watching the whole time. It didn't keep me captivated until the end like I had hoped. I really liked the way it ended though, and I thought the setting and plot were very interesting. (Although I hated the "Princess Mononoke" character...ugh, she was a little bitch.)

Howl's Moving Castle
6/5
That's right, 6/5. This was one of the best movies I have ever watched. It had great visuals, an awesome story that kept me captivated from beginning to end, great characters... it was just amazing. I felt a connection with the characters that rarely happens in movies. So far, it's been the best Studio Ghibli movie I have watched. The ending was simply fantastic!

That's all I've watched so far.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I'm about to watch Steamboy, Voices of a Distant Star, and maybe Akira. Hopefully my Paprika torrent will finish soon too!

How good is it mooxzy? Epic "feels good man" good?

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It would've been one of the first movies I would've recommended you! I forgot about it for some reason though lol.
I didn't like Steamboy, I had the dubbed version and the first 10minutes or so was a total yawn fest so I stopped watching.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Princess mononoke is brilliant. You must've downloaded a bad copy :/

I do agree with the reviews though. I loved howls moving castle more than the others.

You should watch the Cowboy Bebop OVA. Knocking on heavens door I think its called and its great.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I even liked Spirited Away a bit more than Moving Castle...but both are amazing movies!!

I remember that I loved My Neighbor Totoro, it was a great movie as well....really dreamy!! And I loved that fuzzy creatures...Be sure to check it out!!
wink.gif

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Some of these movies are hard to watch just because they are so old. I feel spoiled. :\ For example My Neighbor Totoro... it feels like I'm watching He Man all over again.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't like a lot the new Ghibli's movies. They are good but not my liking.

My best two Ghibli are :
- Nausicaa
- Mimi wo sumaseba
(mimi is the one used as reference for Cat's return)

a lot of people who did watch nausicaa before Princess Mononoke found that Mononoke is only a bad copy, because it has the same main theme (ecological salvation from human), I'm one of them.
People who watched Mononoke first, prefer Mononoke.

I watched an anime which is like a copy of mononoke, as it has the same element (forest, spirits, gods), but I like it more :
Miyori no mori

Then, I recommend Tekkon Kinkreet like Moozxy did.
I don't know if you will like it, the animation and graphics are special.
this producer (Studio 4°C) make a lot of experimenting animations, and some are very good.

For those who like animation experiment, you could watch Kigeki (short animation), digital juice (6 mini animations) and Mind game (Movie).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol