Gaming My thoughts on SMM for 3DS

IE-coRe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I noticed something, I installed the U Version by title key using FBI and the game is Japanese? I am rocking a Japanese n3dsll but on the title key site it said U version. Is it possible that the game is multilingual and chooses the one of the system? That would be a bummer for me I need English..

Reactions: CeeDee

CeeDee

fuckin dork
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed something, I installed the U Version by title key using FBI and the game is Japanese? I am rocking a Japanese n3dsll but on the title key site it said U version. Is it possible that the game is multilingual and chooses the one of the system? That would be a bummer for me I need English..
It does, yes. I installed the JP version at one point and it was in English.

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Garblant, , Reason: Added actual post

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
..Dammit Nintendo. Does anyone know if injecting a save file deletes the courses you have made? I'm about ready to inject a save file to unlock everything.
I believe it does unfortunately, I uploaded my 18 world complete save on page 2 or 3 if you want it.

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
The courses get saved in extdata, so you should be safe injecting a different save file.
I saw a video of the first run of the game and the game itself said that you need to reset the save to use the Game CaRd in another console, so I think that maybe the save of the game is limtied to only one console.

Last edited by Clector,

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see a video of the first game setup and it said that you need to reset the save to use the Game Crad in another console, so I think that maybe the save of the game is limtied to only one console.

It's a similar situation to super smash bros. After looking at both the extdata and the regular save data, I know that the stages are stored in the extdata and the data for the challenges are stored in the regular save data location.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just don't forget to make a backup of your extdata for the game
"Save data on this Nintendo 3DS Game Card is linked ro another Nintendo 3DS system. In order to continue playing, you need to re-create save data." We can't use other people's save files, apparently.

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Save data on this Nintendo 3DS Game Card is linked ro another Nintendo 3DS system. In order to continue playing, you need to re-create save data." We can't use other people's save files, apparently.
Which app did you use to inject the save file?

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll test injecting save files with my 2ds then.

EDIT: At this time, save managers will probably have to be updated inorder to properly transfer save files to other systems. Similarly to super smash bros., the game's save data has info of the original system in it, meaning that transfering the save file with the current methods won't work.

Last edited by Garblant,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...