Hardware My xbox 360 hard drive is not recognizable

bob1212

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll need a specific 500 GB drive if you want to use it on the retail side yes, a security sector needs to be written to the drive.
RGHing it indeed removes that feature.

Max size for retails is 500 GB yep

I'd go for a Ace v3 or TX coolrunner chip.
RGH 1.2 is what you'll want to do.
However, why limit yourself to 500 GB with RGH, FATX supports up to 2 TB.
So my hard drive will just work after I rgh?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my hard drive will just work after I rgh?

yes, just need to format it with serial number. I think it will show up in storage settings, but it requires formatting using the serial number. you can get the serial number on the same screen it shows kernel version iirc in system settings, so you don't have to look for it on the console. also, you need to use partition fixer to create the 2nd partition, which is for xbox emulator. when you update the firmware or something, you'll need the hdd plugged in, then install the same official update as the nand update you just flashed to get avatar, kinect, media, etc. files on the hdd as well. it's not hard, just not quite as easy as the ps3 is when it comes to upgrading an hdd. content in the content folder will just be drag and drop after you 0 or F out the device and profile ids with content manager, yaris swap, or organize lazouzzz or with xm360 if on the console itself. avatar stuff requires the xuid, which iirc you get from your profile. it's like the first 12 numbers or something. avatar stuff won't work without it. everything else will.

Reactions: bob1212

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
In a nutshell, with taking jtags and rgh online, microsoft pretty much stopped caring about 360 modding I would say

It doesn't matter what they really do,since we own "devkits" too

In the end it's discontinued, so hacking it, is really the only real aftermarket support, we know enough about it to take a (phat) mobo, swap the cpu, jtag into xell, either use libxenon (possible but nobody that knows will tell how to do this properly) to set fuses or boot an XDK recovery

The winchester was pretty much a lowkey fuck you, I feel it was done simply to say yeah it is "patchable"

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
isn't the series x bc with the xbox one, 360, and xbox classic? I might buy one eventually.

I think, also mods work if you're a on game in 360 compat mode, if you join a lobby that's modded, I haven't tried to see if r2r infects still work on cod4

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,
Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/sg0D1PpgCXs?si=rnzM6Df7jeL6FiPz